• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Predators Acquire Jason Zucker From Coyotes for a 2024 6th Round Pick

Good for the Preds!

6 weeks ago they were looking like they weren't even going to be in the playoffs, and now they're making some waves to contend! 

Edited by Ozzy

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Predators Acquire Jason Zucker From Coyotes for a 2024 6th Round Pick
46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

John Legend Rage GIF

Guy stinks, bro. Why do you like so many bad players?

8 goals in like nearly 50 playoff games.

abd21828-5b8e-47d5-b391-c9915b23ad66_tex

Get on this Roslov... (0 goals in 20 playoff games) ... ic... .train?

413b8232-760d-4360-884f-69b111bb05b8_tex

• LMFAO 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Guy stinks, bro. Why do you like so many bad players?

8 goals in like nearly 50 playoff games.

abd21828-5b8e-47d5-b391-c9915b23ad66_tex

Get on this Roslov... (0 goals in 20 playoff games) ... ic... .train?

413b8232-760d-4360-884f-69b111bb05b8_tex

Because he plays playoff hockey. He's a gritty player that plays mostly within the rules, while being able to whip a wrister from anywhere for a goal. The Rangers don't need yet another perimeter player. Wennberg and Roslovic are just that. 

Needed grit, a nose for the net, battle level, and at least a willingness to shoot.  Zucker beats these guys in all these categories. 

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because he plays playoff hockey. He's a gritty player that plays mostly within the rules, while being able to whip a wrister from anywhere for a goal. The Rangers don't need yet another perimeter player. Wennberg and Roslovic are just that. 

Needed grit, a nose for the net, battle level, and at least a willingness to shoot.  Zucker beats these guys in all these categories.

Great, I'm with you on all of that, right up tot he point you think Zucker is good.

What you're describing is Alex Tuch, not Jason Zucker. Zucker is a shitty version of a good playoff hockey player.

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great, I'm with you on all of that, right up tot he point you think Zucker is good.

What you're describing is Alex Tuch, not Jason Zucker. Zucker is a shitty version of a good playoff hockey player.

And Roslovic is anything but a  perimeter player. 

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Jason Zucker was available and fit the Rangers budget. Alex Tuch isn't going to be available for 2 more years at which point he'll BE Jason Zucker. Let's see how Tuch does in the playoffs this year, without a great team around him.. ..   uh oh.  

Zucker is a better fit for the Rangers needs, than what they wound up trading better assets for. 

Edited by The Dude

58 minutes ago, Pete said:

And Roslovic is anything but a  perimeter player. 

My thinking with him is it's potentially bad results because bad teams rather than bad player. I don't make much of a habit to watch shitty Blue Jackets games, but he looked like he was straight up auditioning for a trade the last time the two teams met.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

My thinking with him is it's potentially bad results because bad teams rather than bad player. I don't make much of a habit to watch shitty Blue Jackets games, but he looked like he was straight up auditioning for a trade the last time the two teams met.

No one watches them enough to speak on it, but I saw a video of all his goals this year and some other clips and it's evident he can get to the middle with the puck. 

• 'Merica! 1

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Jason Zucker was available and fit the Rangers budget. Alex Tuch isn't going to be available for 2 more years at which point he'll BE Jason Zucker. Let's see how Tuch does in the playoffs this year, without a great team around him.. ..   uh oh.  

Zucker is a better fit for the Rangers needs, than what they wound up trading better assets for. 

Except that he literally didn't. Zucker made $5.3 million and according to LeBrun, one of the primary reasons he went to Nashville was "that is there was no salary retention" in the deal (see OP). Roslovic made $4 million and the Jackets ate salary to make the deal work.

The only way Zucker would have fit the Rangers budget is if they made no other move and possibly/probably subtracted from the roster in the process.

Also, you can't be serious with the Tuch comments. 19 goals and 33 points in 66 playoff games — literal half a point per game. I really question if you actually watch this league sometimes.

• The Chyt! 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Except that he literally didn't. Zucker made $5.3 million and according to LeBrun, one of the primary reasons he went to Nashville was "that is there was no salary retention" in the deal (see OP). Roslovic made $4 million and the Jackets ate salary to make the deal work.

The only way Zucker would have fit the Rangers budget is if they made no other move and possibly/probably subtracted from the roster in the process.

Also, you can't be serious with the Tuch comments. 19 goals and 33 points in 66 playoff games — literal half a point per game. I really question if you actually watch this league sometimes.

He must be trolling, no one can be this ignorant.  Soon he will tell us that Guentzel has a concussion…oh wait, he already did

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Or the Rangers could have paid a little more than a 6th round pick to get retention?  I mean it's that easy to figure out man. With retention he probably could have been had for a 4th and some garbage. 

Can't be serious that when Tuch will be available in FA that he will be 30 years old and starting to decline?  I didn't say Tuch isn't good.  I said he wasn't/isnt available. When he will be, he won't be as effective of a player. Kinda like what Zucker is now.    Tuch is the better player.  But when the Rangers can actually get him. He will be kinda equal to what Zucker has been. 

You're on here agreeing with Pete about Roslovic, because he watched some YouTube highlights from this year and concluded that the guy isn’t a perimeter player.  You both admit that you don't watch the games....

Yet I bring charts of where the guy shoots from for his entire career to back my opinion that he's a perimeter player (because I never back my opinion with anything....) and I'm wrong and don't watch the league?  I mean you already said this guy has zero playoff goals in 20 games. 

But you question if I watch this league. As if you do..

Guy who watches highlight video on YouTube and says he heard things on a podcast is right. Guy who brings statistical charts is wrong. That's good. 

Edited by The Dude

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

You know what? You're right. Who would judge a 27 year old player by what he's done his whole career.  How fucking stupid of me. 

dumb and dumber television GIF

It is stupid of you.

I don't care where a guy shot from when he was a rookie. Chances are he's developed a lot since then.

He also plays center and right wing, so depending on where he was playing at what point, his shot selection would be different and his role would be different.

This season, and even last, he was not a perimeter player. 

You're throwing around that I listen to podcasts, use charts and data, and supplement by actually watching the player on YouTube to inform myself before making a point as if it's some kind of insult LMAO. That's how you support points. I know you're not used to it because you just talk and talk and talk and back it up with nothing. I appreciate that you tried to show a chart, that's progress for you. Unfortunately you weren't showing the right chart. 

Maybe you should try researching to see if data supports your opinion instead of throwing around uninformed opinions and sounding like a guy who's never heard of Roslovic until we traded for him. 

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, Pete said:

It is stupid of you.

I don't care where a guy shot from when he was a rookie. Chances are he's developed a lot since then.

He also plays center and right wing, so depending on where he was playing at what point, his shot selection would be different and his role would be different.

This season, and even last, he was not a perimeter player. 

You're throwing around that I listen to podcasts, use charts and data, and supplement by actually watching the player on YouTube to inform myself before making a point as if it's some kind of insult LMAO. That's how you support points. I know you're not used to it because you just talk and talk and talk and back it up with nothing. I appreciate that you tried to show a chart, that's progress for you. Unfortunately you weren't showing the right chart. 

Maybe you should try researching to see if data supports your opinion instead of throwing around uninformed opinions and sounding like a guy who's never heard of Roslovic until we traded for him. 

Wow. This is some funny shit.

You should care about where this guy shot from his whole career. Because he has 6 fucking goals on the season.  What YouTube videos are you watching that brings you to the conclusion that this guy is a new man and isn't constantly shooting from the high parts of the face off circles?  6 goals. Blake Wheeler had better stats and he's been out a month. You shit all over that guy, but 6 goal Roslovic is a god damn revelation? 

If this guy has changed,  maybe he should go back,  because his production is dogshit.  

I point out that you SAY you heard things on podcast,yet can never detail an episode or provide a time stamp. Saying you heard something isn't proof enough.  I know you think everything you say should be taken  like the word of God, but.... It's you. 

I point out here that you claim to have not really watched Columbus play much. Then say you've seen highlights of this year's and last year's goals on YouTube.  1) if anyone else on this board points to a YouTube video to say they know about a player,  they are laughed out of the conversation.  But it's you, so... 2) what video are you even watching? I just watched last years highlights and 1 of his goals was not from the perimeter.  Another was on a flukey breakaway where he was all by himself.  Can you provide a link to this year's goals video? I mean,  you said you watched it.  I can't find one. 

I didn't poke fun at you for providing links to stats and data. I'm joking about how you sat I never do. Which of course has to be taken as the word of God, because YOU say that I don't.  Well... I do. I have been.  

I bring a little data here and you shoot it down because all of a sudden we don't care about what a player has done his entire career. Yet, in Zibanejad, Kreider, Kakko or Miller conversations your fallback is always what the player did in the past.  

Move goal posts much?

Talk about moving goal posts...

You need to think about the conversation you're having. If you're having a conversation on a guy being a perimeter player, and then you can go to YouTube and see that he scores goals from the middle of the ice, which is supported by shot data and scouting reports which anyone can read online, then it's pretty clear he's not a perimeter player.

If you're claiming to be an expert on a player because you watch YouTube highlights, which don't show the lowlights, then yes you will get laughed at.

Context is important, Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Talk about moving goal posts...

You need to think about the conversation you're having. If you're having a conversation on a guy being a perimeter player, and then you can go to YouTube and see that he scores goals from the middle of the ice, which is supported by shot data and scouting reports which anyone can read online, then it's pretty clear he's not a perimeter player.

If you're claiming to be an expert on a player because you watch YouTube highlights, which don't show the lowlights, then yes you will get laughed at.

Context is important, Jesus Christ. 

You see this is where you are you and you think you're right because..  you say so 

Fact is, the data and the videos show that he is a perimeter player. His corsi and Fenwick are under 50. The charts/ maps SHOW he's a perimeter player.

You swear that you've see video that says otherwise. But that's also BS and you being you.

Here. Let's go over this changed player and look at the video on YouTube. There's no goal video for him for this season. Hard to imagine with the whopping 6 goals on the year. 

Goal 1 - Fluke breakaway all by himself. I'm sure you'll count this one as non perimeter. But no. It's neither. 

Goal 2- Shorty on a one timer. I'll give you that one. It's very much where Zibanejad used to score from. He worked to get there. 

Goal 3- Top of the faceoff circle.  Perimeter 

Goal 4- From the faceoff dot. I consider that perimeter. High danger goals for are deemed from the bottom part of the dot towards the net. It's close. It can be argued. I'll give you that one though. 

Goal 5- Chops at it from behind the dot. Wide open net.. Perimeter 

Goal 6- From top of circle. Sneaky shot, but Perimeter 

Goal 7- Whipped it from top of circle. Perimeter 

Goal 8- prayer shot from top of circle. Rolls in. Perimeter 

Goal 9- 2 on 1, Zibanejad one timer. I guess? It counts as a high danger chance. 

Goal 10- 2 on 1, odd tap in on a back hand. But there's another for you  

Goal 11- Middle of the ice, but pretty much top of the circle distance. Tons of room. Goalie catches an edge and falls. Perimeter 

4 of his 11 goals were not from the perimeter. 1 of his 11 was a Fluke breakaway. His high danger goals were odd man rushes. I think 2 were SH. 

What videos are you watching that show him doing otherwise? 

Context IS extremely important. You don't know that you have to provide the context. You just say it and we have to take your word. It doesn't work that way.  Well, you think it does.

Everyone has to explain every detail of their opinion and bring links. You feel like you're above that. 

You flat out made shit up here in this response. The stats and the available video of his recent last season show you are full of it. But..  you said so.   

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You see this is where you are you and you think you're right because..  you say so 

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

No....Here is the literal data that proves you wrong.

Career goals heatmap.

spacer.png

See all that red? That's not the perimeter. Here's shot data for this year. When a player takes 49% of his shots from the middle of the rink, explain how that's the perimeter?

spacer.png

Fact is, the data and the videos show that he is a perimeter player. His corsi and Fenwick are under 50. The charts/ maps SHOW he's a perimeter player.

You were saying? The data shows what? How can you possibly argue with what's right in front of you?

Who cares about Fenwick and Corsi? That has NOTHING to do with this discussion.

You swear that you've see video that says otherwise. But that's also BS and you being you.

What have I ever "made up" LMAO? We all have access to the same materials, guy. You realize there's video of every goal on NHL.com, and numerous other sites? It's my my fault you're too lazy to look at it. Or listen to a podcast.

Look, you can't refuse to absorb the material and claim other people are making shit up. It's another case where you make up a scenario and defend it as if it were fact. Frankly, you're embarrasing yourself.

Taking step back, showing where he scores from is just one data point (Did you look at his assists and notice if he carries the puck through traffic and dishes?). You don't know enough about this player to definitively say what he is or isn't, and I don't really give enough of a shit because you're out here shitting on Roslovic because you wanted Jason Fucking Zucker, who's older, slower, and less productive.

https://edge.nhl.com/en/compare/skaters/20232024-regular-8478458-20232024-regular-8475722

And looking at shot location data there, if that's your only data point, explain how Zucker isn't a perimeter player based on your criteria? (BTW his Corsi and Fenwick also below 50 at 5v5).

And moving forward keep your comments about the players, not about me. You should look at your own posting style and history before you criticize others. Worry about the players, not me. Or...just FUCKING IGNORE MY POSTS.

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

No....Here is the literal data that proves you wrong.

Career goals heatmap.

spacer.png

See all that red? That's not the perimeter. Here's shot data for this year. When a player takes 49% of his shots from the middle of the rink, explain how that's the perimeter?

spacer.png

You were saying? The data shows what? How can you possibly argue with what's right in front of you?

Who cares about Fenwick and Corsi? That has NOTHING to do with this discussion.

What have I ever "made up" LMAO? We all have access to the same materials, guy. You realize there's video of every goal on NHL.com, and numerous other sites? It's my my fault you're too lazy to look at it. Or listen to a podcast.

Look, you can't refuse to absorb the material and claim other people are making shit up. It's another case where you make up a scenario and defend it as if it were fact. Frankly, you're embarrasing yourself.

Taking step back, showing where he scores from is just one data point (Did you look at his assists and notice if he carries the puck through traffic and dishes?). You don't know enough about this player to definitively say what he is or isn't, and I don't really give enough of a shit because you're out here shitting on Roslovic because you wanted Jason Fucking Zucker, who's older, slower, and less productive.

https://edge.nhl.com/en/compare/skaters/20232024-regular-8478458-20232024-regular-8475722

And looking at shot location data there, if that's your only data point, explain how Zucker isn't a perimeter player based on your criteria? (BTW his Corsi and Fenwick also below 50 at 5v5).

And moving forward keep your comments about the players, not about me. You should look at your own posting style and history before you criticize others. Worry about the players, not me. Or...just FUCKING IGNORE MY POSTS.

Go watch the video. 

I talked about every fucking goal. But you just look past it. You're fixed on his 6 god damn goals from this year. 6!

Blake Wheeler ended with 9 a month ago and you said he wasn't productive and sucked. But this guy is the answer? 

You're going to fight on a hill of 6 goals as a fact for what the player is. Again. You revert to you favorite players  past performances in every other situation to defend their shit play, but now it's all about now with this guy? Kakko sucks this year, but you'll point to last seasons 40 points as the real him. Miller too. Zibanejad.  All of em. But 7 years later Roslovic has changed because you say so. 

In 7 years he has 77 goals. He doesn't score much. When he does, it seems like it's on an odd man rushes. That's probably why you have some heat on the map infront of the goalie. It's certainly not because he's tipping in goals or taking the puck to the net. The videos show it. 

https://www.icydata.hockey/players/2950/jack-roslovic

Here's your heat map for this year (23).  It's even more sad. But he's changed this year according to you . 6 goals. 3 from in front of the net and 3 from the perimeter. I wish there were shot totals included with the map to gauge this stuff. 

spacer.png

It'd be great if you could share some highlights that you've seen to prove your point. Maybe you could change my mind. Show me Roslovic skating through traffic with the puck and taking it to the net. Show me him battling fior position. Show me him NOT swooping around the outside to dump a blind pass to the slot for a goal. Show me him not mostly scoring from the top of the faceoff circle. Please. Like one shred of proof that you've seen these things. 

Jason Zucker scored 27 goals last season. He's known as a gritty player who contributes offensively. He's kind of a well known player. Nobody has to search out videos to learn anything about him. Zucker can shoot from anywhere. Thats a fact. In his old age as a 3rd liner on a bad team, he's STILL out producing  Roslovic. He's had a pretty productive career. If you're going to shit on him to prop up this guy, you're embarrasing yourself. 

That's a hilarious ending. You're seriously going to play victim and go to the "talk about the subject not the poster" well? I'm not going any further on that, because that is fucking hysterical. 

200.gif?cid=8354fbe5ktmt7o855eyw83y0on06

Edited by The Dude