• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Avalanche Acquire Casey Mittlestadt From Sabres for Bowen Byram

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Colorado crushing is what’s happening.

The Rangers equivalent is 1st/Goodrow for Walker and then Key for Mittlestadt, and I fucking sign up for that yesterday.

I know you'd sign up for it, and while removing Goody for Middlestadt is a win, that full scenario would be brutal for this team.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I know you'd sign up for it, and while removing Goody for Middlestadt is a win, that full scenario would be brutal for this team.

I don’t think so, but that’s probably just how far apart we are on Miller. A smart NHL franchise just traded a former 4oa 22 y.o.  Byram for Mittlestadt.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don’t think so, but that’s probably just how far apart we are on Miller. A smart NHL franchise just traded a former 4oa 22 y.o.  Byram for Mittlestadt.

Not just how far apart we are on Miller, but the whole scenario. Great job removing Goodrow for Middlestadt, but you still have to pay Middlestadt and that's problematic for the Rangers next season. Then you've moved Miller and replaced him with another D who's a righty, is undersized, is 6 years older and needs a new contract.

It's just not something the Rangers could have or should have done, in their position.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not just how far apart we are on Miller, but the whole scenario. Great job removing Goodrow for Middlestadt, but you still have to pay Middlestadt and that's problematic for the Rangers next season. Then you've moved Miller and replaced him with another D who's a righty, is undersized, is 6 years older and needs a new contract.

It's just not something the Rangers could have or should have done, in their position.

That’s fair on Walker. I’ll say I’m more attached to the idea than they exact players involved in the return (Walker, Mittlestadt). Miller for a young top 6 C, 1st/Goodrow for a similar quality to Walker but at LD.

At the very least, it should give some hope that Goodrow is movable for a decent piece, with the right pick attached, regardless if it’s followed up with the other half of the trade. A little bit different, but I would do Goodrow and a 1st for Wennberg, and move Brod down to 4C. Additionally, Edstrom is another 4C option.

Edited by BrooksBurner

21 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s fair on Walker. I’ll say I’m more attached to the idea than they exact players involved in the return (Walker, Mittlestadt). Miller for a young top 6 C, 1st/Goodrow for a similar quality to Walker but at LD.

At the very least, it should give some hope that Goodrow is movable for a decent piece, with the right pick attached, regardless if it’s followed up with the other half of the trade. A little bit different, but I would do Goodrow and a 1st for Wennberg, and move Brod down to 4C. Additionally, Edstrom is another 4C option.

I hear you on addressing C with Miller. Just not sure that's something that gets done mid season. And what if Chytil comes back? If he's healthy enough to play, he has to play. The NHL is watching now, you can't keep guys on LTIR forever. 

They're just going to add around the margins here. 

Very good trade for Buffalo. Byram wasn't ever going to be given too much of a chance with Makar. Yes, the Sabres have Dahlin but that's not really the same in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Very good trade for Buffalo. Byram wasn't ever going to be given too much of a chance with Makar. Yes, the Sabres have Dahlin but that's not really the same in my opinion. 

Power and Samuelsson (currently on IR) too though. I mean, having a stacked back line is not a bad thing. Maybe they want to build in the mold of those old Nashville teams

• Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Colorado really going for that repeat.

I thought Vegas won last year.  Man, I'm slippin'!!

I must need more Jimmy's sauce!

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Fuck I am an idiot.  That's right.  It's as if the playoffs went poof the moment the Rangers got bounced.

I hear you, I wasn't very interested in last year's postseason either.