• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panthers Acquire Vladimir Tarasenko (50%) From Senators for 2025 3rd Round Pick and Conditional 2024 4th Round Pick

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Panthers Acquire Vladimir Tarasenko From Senators for Draft Picks
  • RichieNextel305 changed the title to Panthers Acquire Vladimir Tarasenko From Senators for 2025 3rd Round Pick and Conditional 2024 4th Round Pick

Gonna be tough when we pay through the nose for Wennberg and guys like Tarasenko and Mantha go for virtually nothing.

Hopefully this is a sign that Drury has something really special cooking.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunny said:

Gonna be tough when we pay through the nose for Wennberg and guys like Tarasenko and Mantha go for virtually nothing.

Hopefully this is a sign that Drury has something really special cooking.

If that's all that was given up for Tank, I hope we don't give up a lot for Wennberg.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Panthers still don't scare me.

No one scares me. There are a handful of teams that could win this including the rangers. 

But florida has to be one of the front runners even before this trade

with that said in shocked about this return. No retention?

Edited by siddious

12 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Hard to believe the Rangers couldn’t top that offer.  Hopefully Drury doesn’t disappoint with whatever moves he makes. 

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I guess we didn't want him...'cause that's not much!

weren’t allowed to get the retention apparently

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

This is good. Tank sets the market low again. I was indifferent for him. I'm not sure how well he would have worked at 1rw

You may have been right, Big Daddy!  He may not have worked with Kreider and Zibby.  Then again, fucking Rocket Richard probably wouldn't either!  😃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

weren’t allowed to get the retention apparently

They would've had to get a 3rd team involved for retention, but I think they could've made it work without retention.

We will see what Drury pulls off to determine if they missed an opportunity on this trade.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

You may have been right, Big Daddy!  He may not have worked with Kreider and Zibby.  Then again, fucking Rocket Richard probably wouldn't either!  😃

He looked fine with them last season in a small sample.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

He looked fine with them last season in a small sample.

From what I remember, he moreso played with Panarin last year. Plus there's always that fact we got bounced in round 1 so I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting him. It wasn't some magic in a bottle acquisition. 

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

They would've had to get a 3rd team involved for retention, but I think they could've made it work without retention.

We will see what Drury pulls off to determine if they missed an opportunity on this trade.

That Twitter chatter about retention was never confirmed or verified by anyone reputable. 

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm thinking we passed on him intentionally.  That is not a lot at all.

He would have consumed all their cap space and left no room for anything else. I think it says Drury is prioritizing having room for a center.