• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Frustrated by Pettersson Negotiatons; Rick Dahliwal Says They 'Gotta Do Their Homework When it Comes to a Trade'

Phil

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not sure who Shane Seney is but he reports Carolina offered Necas, Kotkaniemi and 2 first rounders and got rejected.  

That's a crap package for Petterson. 

• Keeps it 100 2

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

True.  Makes you wonder what it would cost Rangers.  Lafraniere, Kakko, 2 first rounders +?

I don't see that as being much better.

It depends on what Vancouver is trying to do, if they are trying to reload then you need a collection of win now players. 

Someone like Brady Tkachuk + some stuff. Not necessarily him, but you have to think a 24, 25, 26-year-old impact player. I don't know how attractive the two firsts are to them. Especially Carolinas first or our first. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I don't see that as being much better.

It depends on what Vancouver is trying to do, if they are trying to reload then you need a collection of win now players. 

Someone like Brady Tkachuk + some stuff. Not necessarily him, but you have to think a 24, 25, 26-year-old impact player. I don't know how attractive the two firsts are to them. Especially Carolinas first or our first. 

That’s why I put the+ at the end with a question mark.  It would be the 2 picks, Kakko and Lafraniere plus more.  It’s more than Edmonton got for Gretzky.  Total craziness. 

4 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It’s more than Edmonton got for Gretzky.

Huh? Gretzky got three firsts... Plus Jimmy Carson who had 107 points that year and Gelinas who was a top prospect.

Am I completely missing something here?

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Huh? Gretzky got three firsts... Plus Jimmy Carson who had 107 points that year and Gelinas who was a top prospect.

Am I completely missing something here?

I forgot it was 3 first rounders.  My memory isn’t what it used to be