• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Playoffs

Agree, if things don’t 180 on a dime I start planning the next couple years with Lavys input on who’s out.  They got off to such a great start by coaching, they were more ready out of the chute nightly.  Now the competition not only caught up in readiness but passed us by as they are gearing for the second half. I’m hoping coach has solid ideas on why and Drury listens vs renting. The way the team is currently playing is closer to my expectations this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangers said:

Dont think it will happen, it would be same as Drury admitting his failures.

Drury didn't pick this core, so it'd be pretty hard to solely pin it on him as his failure. He deserves a good amount of flak because he's made a few crap moves trying to win with it, but he probably deserves a stab at the next wave of things. I like Cuylle. I've liked the short snippets I've seen of Othmann.  Perreault is a nice looking prospect. I wouldn't be too quick to judge his ability to draft and build a team based on the failures of the vets who were in place already.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

The way the standings are right now, I’m not sure who displaces them, but WC2 should not be this team’s goal. 

Though the Devils making the playoffs instead of NYR would be kinda fitting considering how last season ended. 

AZGL0ay.jpeg

AQkNVJm.jpeg

These screenshots will be outdated tomorrow but whatever. 

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Drury didn't pick this core, so it'd be pretty hard to solely pin it on him as his failure. He deserves a good amount of flak because he's made a few crap moves trying to win with it, but he probably deserves a stab at the next wave of things. I like Cuylle. I've liked the short snippets I've seen of Othmann.  Perreault is a nice looking prospect. I wouldn't be too quick to judge his ability to draft and build a team based on the failures of the vets who were in place already.

In normal franchises, if Laviolette got fired after 2-3 years than Drury would be out as well - because of his management, selection of multiple coaches, roster construction of players, and organizational culture.  With Dolan you just don't know.  If there's fire behind some of the smoke for allegations with Dolan of sexual misconduct, as long as Dolan is owner, GM and coaches may get a longer leash because Dolan is worried about other things.  After a transition new owners in professional sports usually like to put in place their own GM, and new GMs tend to want to hire their own coach if the old coach hasn't won a championship or at least got to the conference final. 

Idle speculation, really, until the offseason, when we look back at the 2023-2024 season, and see what moves can be made and make sense.

• Like 2