• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Anton Blidh

Phil

For what? Why? You need scoring help and you have 2 wingers that have done fairly well as rookies. You also have a decent option in Belzile whom should be an automatic call up at this point. 

Fuck Leschyshyn. Fuck Brodzinski. If you're really really desperate there's no reason to not sign a guy like Josh Bailey. His asking price can't be more than 900k. 

Send a 3rd rounder for Duclair (not even out producing Wheeler,  but you guys want him). . 

This holding pattern and these garbage call ups are puzzling. There's better low risk moves they should have done or should be doing now.  Leschyshyn? Seriously? Blidh? Are they over Bonino?  Trying to add a bit of speed? 

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For what? Why? You need scoring help and you have 2 wingers that have done fairly well as rookies. You also have a decent option in Belzile whom should be an automatic call up at this point. 

Fuck Leschyshyn. Fuck Brodzinski. If you're really really desperate there's no reason to not sign a guy like Josh Bailey. His asking price can't be more than 900k. 

Send a 3rd rounder for Duclair (not even out producing Wheeler,  but you guys want him). . 

This holding pattern and these garbage call ups are puzzling. There's better low risk moves they should have done or should be doing now.  Leschyshyn? Seriously? Blidh? Are they over Bonino?  Trying to add a bit of speed? 

Josh Bailey got cut by the Senators in preseason for being slow and turnover prone. I don't think he's really the answer. 

52 minutes ago, Pete said:

Josh Bailey got cut by the Senators in preseason for being slow and turnover prone. I don't think he's really the answer. 

Not looking for an answer.  Looking for a stop gap.  If he sucks, waive him. He's a better depth piece than what the Rangers have.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The Islanders were like crack fiends trying to get rid of him. 

He’s done.

He was meh or slightly above for years.

Hes a middle-6 winger for the breadth of his career who could play up a bit. 

The one big year he had was playing with Tavares and Barzal.

70 points.

Minus-20

Fuck Josh Bailey. 

24 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He’s done.

70 points.

Minus-20

Fuck Josh Bailey. 

People are bitching about Blake Wheeler? Oh boy, just put him and Bailey on a line together. The only line those two should be on is the early bird special line at Golden Corral. 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Ummm… They drafted Alexandre Daigle.

Or don’t you remember the Next One?

Yeah that was dumb of them to draft the #1 consensus overall pick. Any team that does that is dumb.....

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

He’s done.

70 points.

Minus-20

Fuck Josh Bailey. 

And Jonny Brodzinski has done what in the NHL?  Beggars can't be choosers. 

The Isles wanted out of that contract. Imagine that? Giving a guy a contract that he no longer (or ever did) live up to. Glad the Rangers don’t have that problem on the 4th line wearing #21 or anything like that.  

The Rangers are scooping up 35 year old guys to play in the AHL (Anisimov). Let's not be snobby about turning over rocks to fill the 3rd line center spot. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I forgot the Senators do everything right.  

And the 30 other teams who walked away? And the Ilses who can't score let him walk.

Come on man. Is this really the guy to tie your horse to? You gonna die on this hill?

He sucks.

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not looking for an answer.  Looking for a stop gap.  If he sucks, waive him. He's a better depth piece than what the Rangers have.  

This is the better answer than your next post. Don't get why you had to add the bullshit.

10 hours ago, Pete said:

This is the better answer than your next post. Don't get why you had to add the bullshit.

What bullshit?  The guy is the best free agent out there. Ottawa can't do anything right, nor can the Isles. The Isles walked away from his contract. That's a fact. Teams do that. Also another fact. The Rangers are extremely desperate for center depth and a plug. This is all fact. Why do I need to point these things out to you? You're kinda smart sometimes and you should have connected all these  dots without me having to bring up all these facts.

I'll do better moving forward to make my posts even longer in detail when talking about the obvious. Everybody enjoys that. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What bullshit?  The guy is the best free agent out there. Ottawa can't do anything right, nor can the Isles. The Isles walked away from his contract. That's a fact. Teams do that. Also another fact. The Rangers are extremely desperate for center depth and a plug. This is all fact. Why do I need to point these things out to you? You're kinda smart sometimes and you should have connected all these  dots without me having to bring up all these facts.

I'll do better moving forward to make my posts even longer in detail when talking about the obvious. Everybody enjoys that. 

You made one post with your point, which I understand but disagree with, and then for some reason you went back and posted a snarky one. No need for it. 

What's obvious? That he sucks and the Rangers don't want to waste cap / contract on him?

30 other teams, most of the worse than the Rangers, also passed on him. 

Edited by Pete

10 hours ago, Pete said:

And the 30 other teams who walked away? And the Ilses who can't score let him walk.

Come on man. Is this really the guy to tie your horse to? You gonna die on this hill?

He sucks.

Why does everything have to be a battle to the death? "Die on this hill"- when talking about a plug for center? When the team is calling up and playing- Jake fucking Leschyshyn? 

I brought his name up a month or so ago and you didn't have this "guy absolutely fucking sucks" type of attitude then. 

Relax. Not every discussion is as deep and devoted as you seem to think they are. 

The Rangers need a plug at center and there's a guy out there, who could be better than the players the Rangers are currently using to fill the hole. Maybe he's not. But, it's something worth talking about. 

I mean,  do you REALLY  wanna talk about Lafrenières potential 150 point seasons if he were on PP1 again?

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

You made one post with your point, which I understand but disagree with, and then for some reason you went back and posted a snarky one. No need for it. 

What's obvious? That he sucks and the Rangers don't want to waste cap / contract on him?

30 other teams, most of the worse than the Rangers, also passed on him. 

No need for snarky? You new here? 

It's obvious the Rangers are desperate for a center. I guess I really do have to spell it out for you every time. 

Maybe the guy is holding out for a better situation? Asking for too much money? There's worse players getting contracts than Josh Bailey. 2 of them are starting for the Rangers in Brodzinski and Leschyshyn. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why does everything have to be a battle to the death? "Die on this hill"- when talking about a plug for center? When the team is calling up and playing- Jake fucking Leschyshyn? 

I brought his name up a month or so ago and you didn't have this "guy absolutely fucking sucks" type of attitude then. 

Relax. Not every discussion is as deep and devoted as you seem to think they are. 

The Rangers need a plug at center and there's a guy out there, who could be better than the players the Rangers are currently using to fill the hole. Maybe he's not. But, it's something worth talking about. 

I mean,  do you REALLY  wanna talk about Lafrenières potential 150 point seasons if he were on PP1 again?

You spend a lot of effort for something you claim you're not deeply devoted to. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No need for snarky? You new here? 

It's obvious the Rangers are desperate for a center. I guess I really do have to spell it out for you every time. 

Maybe the guy is holding out for a better situation? Asking for too much money? There's worse players getting contracts than Josh Bailey. 2 of them are starting for the Rangers in Brodzinski and Leschyshyn. 

Yes, you do have to spell out the logic on why you think a guy who currently couldn't make 30 other NHL teams would help this one.

Apparently this is going to be your hill to die on. And it's a molehill. So I'm going to check out. 

Just now, Pete said:

Yes, you do have to spell out the logic on why you think a guy who currently couldn't make 30 other NHL teams would help this one.

Apparently this is going to be your hill to die on. And it's a molehill. So I'm going to check out. 

Soldiers Falling GIF