• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Biz Nasty vs. Butch Goring: Get Your Popcorn!

Biz is a douche. And Whitney isn’t far behind.

I think there are elements of their podcast that are good… namely their interview segments… but the rest isn’t so good.

Its also overly hyped and those 2 are clearly trying to make money off their shitty careers 

Also… as much as I hate the Isles… Goring is a 4x Cup winner. Also won a Byng, a Masterton, and… a Conn Smythe.

So he can pretty much say what he wants to these two ass clowns.

And he’s also like 75 so if you’re getting into it with someone that age and they aren’t a close relative, you’re pretty much an ass. 

Biz had no real career to speak of

Whitney might have been very good if not for injuries.

They don’t fully present themselves as insiders… but they aren’t nearly as tied into things around the league as they would have people believe 

• Keeps it 100 1

I stopped listening to Spittin Chiclets b/c it became the same shit over and over, Biz clown hate of the NYR, and the podcast went from like 1hour to like 3+ hours.   Their shit has become old at this point.  The interviews are good b/c since they have insight on what goes on in the locker room and on the ice but other than that, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Only so much I can take listening to Whit talk about golf.  

18 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I stopped listening to Spittin Chiclets b/c it became the same shit over and over, Biz clown hate of the NYR, and the podcast went from like 1hour to like 3+ hours.   Their shit has become old at this point.  The interviews are good b/c since they have insight on what goes on in the locker room and on the ice but other than that, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Only so much I can take listening to Whit talk about golf.  

Yeah.

They are ex-players, who have become personalities, and in some respect, they can offer insight. 
And I think the interviews they do are generally very good.

But they aren’t journalists or reporters. They aren’t meaningfully tied into the league or to teams.

They don’t report on anything.

They don’t cover the sport.

They’re content. And generally mediocre content. 

I generally agree the quality of the pods has gone down a bit recently.. i think they're just doing too much and need to focus on the interviews more. I personally hate when they spend a half hour talking about some event they did that I didnt go to. Mention it, talk for 5 mins and move on.

21 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

But they aren’t journalists or reporters. They aren’t meaningfully tied into the league or to teams.

They don’t report on anything.

They don’t cover the sport.

BUT they dont claim to be insiders and no one makes fun of their analysis more than they do. If you want serious hockey talk just tune in to 32 thoughts and make sure to have a coffee because its painful to get through most episodes (at least personally I just cant listen to those guys for too long). To say they dont have any insight is misleading too.. they know plenty of guys in and around the league. They played in the show. Theyre not just random guys who happened to have mic's and liked hockey. They absolutely report on the league's happenings. But again its not meant to be taken at full value.

Biz's "feud" with NY fans (rangers and isles) is a show as much as anything else. Its dumb. I cant wait till he stops talking about it. He will eventually.

Their schtick has always been to be a platform for players to tell stories. Thats it. Everything else is just bonus. 

28 minutes ago, siddious said:

I generally agree the quality of the pods has gone down a bit recently.. i think they're just doing too much and need to focus on the interviews more. I personally hate when they spend a half hour talking about some event they did that I didnt go to. Mention it, talk for 5 mins and move on.

BUT they dont claim to be insiders and no one makes fun of their analysis more than they do. If you want serious hockey talk just tune in to 32 thoughts and make sure to have a coffee because its painful to get through most episodes (at least personally I just cant listen to those guys for too long). To say they dont have any insight is misleading too.. they know plenty of guys in and around the league. They played in the show. Theyre not just random guys who happened to have mic's and liked hockey. They absolutely report on the league's happenings. But again its not meant to be taken at full value.

Biz's "feud" with NY fans (rangers and isles) is a show as much as anything else. Its dumb. I cant wait till he stops talking about it. He will eventually.

Their schtick has always been to be a platform for players to tell stories. Thats it. Everything else is just bonus. 

As said in the post I made just prior, I know they don’t present themselves that way. And I get the platform and what it is.

And I 100% agree on the point about Biz and the feud.

Its really nothing.

And I acknowledged their insight they have.

They shouldn’t be getting into it with 75- year old ex-players via social media. 

That was what I was saying.

• Like 1

I used to like them because they'd have interviews with off the wall hockey personalities.  All the tough guys going on about their days, their off ice stuff and all that. Then hilarious shit with Scott Homez would have me want more. 

But now it's really just these 2 talking clout. Its lost its charm. It's the cool guys in the room that are really just looking to troll just about anyone. 

Ever since they urged players to get Babcock fired, I really find them to just be scum bags. I mean seriously. Fucking with a 75 year old? Real tough.