• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Grand Theft Auto 6

siddious

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

2025 isn't too bad I guess. We're almost in 2024 now and when it comes to making quality, it's Rockstar. They can take their time with what is one of the biggest game releases of all time. GTA5 was great and Red Dead Redemption 2 was one of the best gaming experiences for me.

I mean its only been 10 years. that is a lot of hype to live up to. But I agree, if it take another year to perfect it then let it be so. 

Couldnt really get into the red dead redemption games. I should probably give them another try though

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I mean its only been 10 years. that is a lot of hype to live up to. But I agree, if it take another year to perfect it then let it be so. 

Couldnt really get into the red dead redemption games. I should probably give them another try though

They're not for everybody. Red Dead 2 is very long and very slow moving at times. It is one of the best worlds in gaming, though. So many people and random events to come across, it's incredible the attention to detail. GTA6 is going to be insane.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They're not for everybody. Red Dead 2 is very long and very slow moving at times. It is one of the best worlds in gaming, though. So many people and random events to come across, it's incredible the attention to detail. GTA6 is going to be insane.

On the surface the red dead games seem like something I would enjoy.

A friend of mine lent me the first game a few years ago and maybe because it was already a bit dated or I am just older now and have too much going on to really sit down and spent hours playing a game I just couldnt really get into it. I felt the same way with the new baldurs gate and starfield.. cant sit and play for 4 hour straight so it kind if kills the experience. 

but yea GTA 6.. cant say i have ever anticipated a game so much. I still rememeber playing the first GTA on PC when I was a kid 🤣

Just now, siddious said:

On the surface the red dead games seem like something I would enjoy.

A friend of mine lent me the first game a few years ago and maybe because it was already a bit dated or I am just older now and have too much going on to really sit down and spent hours playing a game I just couldnt really get into it. I felt the same way with the new baldurs gate and starfield.. cant sit and play for 4 hour straight so it kind if kills the experience. 

but yea GTA 6.. cant say i have ever anticipated a game so much. I still rememeber playing the first GTA on PC when I was a kid 🤣

Me too! Haha. Starfield looks kind of 'meh' but BG3 is amazing RPG experience. About Red Dead, I was surprised I liked the games so much because I'm not huge into Westerns. I struggle to get through most western movies, yet I can sink 80 hours or so in RDR2. lol

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I haven't played any games in seemingly forever, but I really liked GTA when it first came out.

@siddious

Hey Pete, what game systems are the best these days?  I was thinking of grabbing one for the winter. 

Depends on what you like honestly..

If you loved nintendo they still have a lot of good games.. the switch is a good buy, probably the least expensive option too. you ccan hook it up to your tv or take it with you. 

Xbox is great if you play a lot of the shooters and your friends play.. most people seem to have xbox and MOST multiplayer games come out for this console as well as some good single player games too.

PS5- I dont have the newest one so I cant comment on that but I have always loved playstation for RPG's and other single player/non-online games. You can still get most multiplayer games on this system too so if you like both this might be the way to go. NHL can cross-play now so your xbox and Playstation friends can play against each other (there are caveats but you would have to google that)

PC- has always been my favorite method of gaming but computers can be expensive, especially these days. 

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Me too! Haha. Starfield looks kind of 'meh' but BG3 is amazing RPG experience. About Red Dead, I was surprised I liked the games so much because I'm not huge into Westerns. I struggle to get through most western movies, yet I can sink 80 hours or so in RDR2. lol

its all about the experience and story IMO. A lot of games getting away from good stories these days which kills me. I am not a criminal in real life but GTA I have no issue robbing, stealing, killing, etc.. 🤣

Depends on what you like honestly..

If you loved nintendo they still have a lot of good games.. the switch is a good buy, probably the least expensive option too. you ccan hook it up to your tv or take it with you. 

Xbox is great if you play a lot of the shooters and your friends play.. most people seem to have xbox and MOST multiplayer games come out for this console as well as some good single player games too.

PS5- I dont have the newest one so I cant comment on that but I have always loved playstation for RPG's and other single player/non-online games. You can still get most multiplayer games on this system too so if you like both this might be the way to go. NHL can cross-play now so your xbox and Playstation friends can play against each other (there are caveats but you would have to google that)

PC- has always been my favorite method of gaming but computers can be expensive, especially these days. 

You're the fucking king, my man!!!  Thanks brutha!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

its all about the experience and story IMO. A lot of games getting away from good stories these days which kills me. I am not a criminal in real life but GTA I have no issue robbing, stealing, killing, etc.. 🤣

Yeah, video games are great for that. An interactive way to disperse anger and rage.

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, video games are great for that. An interactive way to disperse anger and rage.

For sure.

Looks like GTA6 has a social media thing .. I am totally guessing here but I am guessing you can be a criminal-influencer and gain followers to make money. Similar to the way you could invest in the stock market in 5. I also have a feeling you will be able to tie it in to real social media and based on your views there you might get in game-money.

Edited by siddious

For sure.

Looks like GTA6 has a social media thing .. I am totally guessing here but I am guessing you can be a criminal-influencer and gain followers to make money. Similar to the way you could invest in the stock market in 5. I also have a feeling you will be able to tie it in to real social media and based on your views there you might get in game-money.

Oh, definitely. I'll be interested to see the social media influence. Like, if it's all of them are certain ones. You can clearly sick Tik-Tok stuff. I'm sure Instagram Live will be a thing too. I'm not big on that stuff personally, but integrated into a game like this can help with the immersion. I do like that kind of thing in games like GTA5 as you mentioned, and games where you have your own e-mail and can respond to things in a different way.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh, definitely. I'll be interested to see the social media influence. Like, if it's all of them are certain ones. You can clearly sick Tik-Tok stuff. I'm sure Instagram Live will be a thing too. I'm not big on that stuff personally, but integrated into a game like this can help with the immersion. I do like that kind of thing in games like GTA5 as you mentioned, and games where you have your own e-mail and can respond to things in a different way.

Yea it will be interesting to see how it works. Im not a big social media guy either for the most part but I do think its cool how they are blurring the lines here and making it more immersive. 

I do hope the story mode for single player is longer than GTA5 & I do hope online play isnt so multiplayer-centric this time around too.

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You're the fucking king, my man!!!  Thanks brutha!!

both playstaton 5 and the xbox series x are fantastic consoles. I have both. Really cant say if i like one as opposed to the other. Just don't get the cheaper versions. The monteraily difference isn't huge and it really isn't worth just trying to save a buck or two.

as for GTA6, lol at the devs son for leaking it. Gotta be some rough dinner table discussions right now. 

• LOL 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

both playstaton 5 and the xbox series x are fantastic consoles. I have both. Really cant say if i like one as opposed to the other. Just don't get the cheaper versions. The monteraily difference isn't huge and it really isn't worth just trying to save a buck or two.

as for GTA6, lol at the devs son for leaking it. Gotta be some rough dinner table discussions right now. 

"Thanks for almost getting me fired, you little shit."

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Oh yea my friend got the cheaper Xbox that’s digital but then to get an external drive it actually costs more than you would have paid for the better Xbox plus these games are so huge it’s only a matter of time before you NEED that external drive for some of these games most likely. 

and yes someone’s a getting cut out of the will

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm not into console wars and that bullshit, but Playstation is better and has better exclusives. 😏

@siddious I future proofed myself by getting an internal 4TB SSD for my PS5. I'm going to need just about all of it to take me through this generation of games.

oh no you didnt GIF

23 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm not into console wars and that bullshit, but Playstation is better and has better exclusives. 😏

@siddious I future proofed myself by getting an internal 4TB SSD for my PS5. I'm going to need just about all of it to take me through this generation of games.

Nice you should be set for a while. I did read somewhere that the ps6 is scheduled to come out sooner than expected (sorry I don’t remember where I saw this)- it’s the only thing keeping me from buying the new ps5. Figure I don’t play that much anyway I can hold off for now. With my luck it’ll be 10 years 🤣

Just now, siddious said:

Nice you should be set for a while. I did read somewhere that the ps6 is scheduled to come out sooner than expected (sorry I don’t remember where I saw this)- it’s the only thing keeping me from buying the new ps5. Figure I don’t play that much anyway I can hold off for now. With my luck it’ll be 10 years 🤣

If anything I think this generation should go on a couple of years longer. It took quite awhile for there to be a dearth of exclusives for this thing. There still aren't a ton, really. COVID also messed up the releases of a lot of things too. But, I'm still not expecting PS6 until 2028 at the earliest.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Story wise, RDR2 is probably the best game I've ever played, by a wide margin. And like you said the world environment and non-mission activities is simply insane. I'm definitely going to have to re-play that once they release a next-gen upgrade, which I still can't believe hasn't been done. 

51 minutes ago, Keirik said:

41 minutes ago, siddious said:

Oh yea my friend got the cheaper Xbox that’s digital but then to get an external drive it actually costs more than you would have paid for the better Xbox plus these games are so huge it’s only a matter of time before you NEED that external drive for some of these games most likely. 

and yes someone’s a getting cut out of the will

Ok, so get this....

I pick up a playstation or an XBox with 4 controllers and it's all 4 of us in an NHL 24 marathon at my house with a keg and 2 boxes of pizza! 

• Cheers 1