• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Christmas Gift Ideas

jsm7302

What you getting for who? I need ideas. Any black Friday deals you are eyeing up? And is there a time when getting gifts becomes irrelevant, like parents or other elders in your life?

Anyways...

Wife- Inflatable Paddleboard

Kids (10, 8 and 4)- their lists are long and EXPENSIVE. My boy wants a basketball hoop, dirt bike, goalie equipment. Not sure what we are doing here.

Thoughts or ideas appreciated. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

What you getting for who? I need ideas. Any black Friday deals you are eyeing up? And is there a time when getting gifts becomes irrelevant, like parents or other elders in your life?

Anyways...

Wife- Inflatable Paddleboard

Kids (10, 8 and 4)- their lists are long and EXPENSIVE. My boy wants a basketball hoop, dirt bike, goalie equipment. Not sure what we are doing here.

Thoughts or ideas appreciated. 

See how much sports gear you can get from sidelineswap.com.

I just got my kid $200 rollerblades for $100 that were probably used less than 5 times.

Edited by Pete

On 11/20/2023 at 12:30 PM, Pete said:

See how much sports gear you can get from sidelineswap.com.

I just got my kid $200 rollerblades for $100 that were probably used less than 5 times.

I'll give that a shot. He only plays street hockey so it shouldn't be too bad hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm decking my 7 yo goalie out in all Brian's for Xmas. He's going to look like mini Shesterkin.

He's already worn through his Bauer starter pads, that stuff is garbage.

I'm dumb, but I had shit gear growing up. I probably have some issues around that.

Xmas is a great time to splurge on equipment a bit. You don't feel so bad.

For Hanukkah this year I got my wife a towel warmer rack and all new towels. She was all upset because i put a hole in every towel we had to hang on the towel hooks. When i say put a hole i mean just ripped a hole. Figured id remedy it by all new towesl that all have hooks.

19 minutes ago, Keirik said:

For Hanukkah this year I got my wife a towel warmer rack and all new towels. She was all upset because i put a hole in every towel we had to hang on the towel hooks. When i say put a hole i mean just ripped a hole. Figured id remedy it by all new towesl that all have hooks.

you def. got the wrong color towels though Ill tell you that now 🤣

me and the misses decided on no gifts for xmas but the anniversary of us meeting is on dec. 26th so I am going to get her a neck warmer/massager thing, a stanley cup because apparently all women need these now, and a spa day for that. 

Everyone else is getting good ol gift cards from me besides my mom who is getting a dyson vaccum (nice deal on black friday) and my mother in law who is getting the hotel portion of her upcoming vacation paid for. 

19 hours ago, siddious said:

you def. got the wrong color towels though Ill tell you that now 🤣

me and the misses decided on no gifts for xmas but the anniversary of us meeting is on dec. 26th so I am going to get her a neck warmer/massager thing, a stanley cup because apparently all women need these now, and a spa day for that. 

Everyone else is getting good ol gift cards from me besides my mom who is getting a dyson vaccum (nice deal on black friday) and my mother in law who is getting the hotel portion of her upcoming vacation paid for. 

Fuck, she gets the Stanley Cup before Kreider does? 

22 hours ago, Dunny said:

I'm decking my 7 yo goalie out in all Brian's for Xmas. He's going to look like mini Shesterkin.

He's already worn through his Bauer starter pads, that stuff is garbage.

I'm dumb, but I had shit gear growing up. I probably have some issues around that.

Xmas is a great time to splurge on equipment a bit. You don't feel so bad.

I already told my kid his gear will now come from SidelineSwap exclusively. I can't be buying him brand new shit every year or 2.