• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Angry Casey Cizikas to Islanders Fans Chanting for Lane Lambert's Firing: 'Stay Home'

Phil

An infuriated Casey Cizikas had a message for the Islanders fans who chanted for coach Lane Lambert’s firing: Stay home.

A succession of progressively louder “Fire Lambert” chants were heard in the third period, and the players on the bench certainly were aware of the crowd’s displeasure.

“It’s a joke,” Cizikas said. “It’s a joke. That kind of stuff ticks me off. It really does. I’ve got no time for those fans. I’ve got no time for them.

“If they want to be like that, they can stay home.”

The Islanders did not play like a team that has tuned out the coach’s voice, but the losing has prompted calls for a change in management. President/general manager Lou Lamoriello was the subject of “Lou Must Go” chants during the previous home game.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/casey-cizikas-islanders-fans-lane-lambert-goanp3f3

This view from Mike Gould (Daily FaceOff) sums up my thoughts precisely 😂

Mike: I wonder how long it took the Islanders’ PR department to schedule an emergency meeting with Casey Cizikas after he told fans to stay home if they intended to boo head coach Lane Lambert. I can clearly picture it: “Casey, please do not tell paying customers to not be paying customers.” Anywho, the Islanders are a really boring team that can’t score and, more worryingly, can’t get a save from Ilya Sorokin.

• LMFAO 1

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

They got it right with “Lou must go”

Team has no prospects, no success to look back on and an aging roster. There’s an argument to be made that this is the worst franchise right now. Even with SJ & Philly being what they are.

Difference being, those teams know they're bad. They're actively looking to improve by accepting they're bad right now. Isles think they're good.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Difference being, those teams know they're bad. They're actively looking to improve by accepting they're bad right now. Isles think they're good.

Yepp. Hell even Washington had a reason for being the way they are; ovis record. 

Edited by siddious
  • Keeps it 100 1