• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Former Boston Red Sox Pitcher Tim Wakefield Dies at 57

Ozzy

• Phil changed the title to Former Boston Red Sox Pitcher Tim Wakefield Dies at 57
On 10/2/2023 at 9:16 PM, Pete said:

I didn't read this particular article, but apparently he had brain cancer. 

Yep. Just God awful. Like it was said, he was so young.

I’m not so sure who has seen or read about this, but apparently both Wakefield and his wife were both dealing with aggressive forms of cancer, and they wanted to keep their battles private. And Curt Schilling, as you would expect, has to turn around and be a dickhead and go on his podcast and express to the world that Wakefield and his wife both have cancer, and that he is telling the news to everyone even though he knows it goes against their wishes, because he believes in the power of prayer.

It was only days later that Wakefield passed away.

But let me tell you something. I know not everyone on here is an avid baseball fan. And I know everyone is entitled to their opinions. And I have truthfully avoided just about all of Schillings antics since he retired, and even when he played. But the truth of the matter is that he is the biggest scumbag going right now in the world of pro sports. Apparently, the family was upset and several people related with the Red Sox were upset that Schilling would take it upon himself to go forward with this extremely personal news against the better wishes of the family. Absolutely disgusting behavior. And I wish I could say I was shocked, but I’m really not. 

• 4 months later...