• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Why the Tyler Motte-Rangers Reunion Didn't Happen

Phil

7 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Belzile and Nash are more likely for Hartford than the NHL roster. The difference between them and Motte is that they’ll accept that assignment.

Motte didn’t come down to earth with his price in time for him to be an option for the Rangers. The Rangers signed all of their free agents in the first few days.

Yes and no.

I mean that someone needs to be the 12th and 13th forwards on the roster. Assuming Cuylle or Othman don't make the roster out of camp; those two plus Tyler Pitlick are the prime candidates. 

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Paying more than 1.5 for a guy who is historically only playing 60 or less games and produces like a fourth liner would be a mistake. Hence why he sat out and got 800k coming his way instead.

You wanna say he is on the lower end of the range I outlined, fine.

Splitting hairs.

• VINNY! 1

46 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Yes and no.

I mean that someone needs to be the 12th and 13th forwards on the roster. Assuming Cuylle or Othman don't make the roster out of camp; those two plus Tyler Pitlick are the prime candidates. 

The point still applies. Motte was never going to be an option as the 13th. This is a guy who thinks he’s a third liner.