• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

QMJHL Officially Bans Fighting Beginning This Coming Season

Phil

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

How come nobody I know that I played with, or against have issues with "CTE"? 

Weird how it just jumps up and bites professionals. Really dodged a bullet, there.

Good thing the lead proponent of CTE isn't a crazy fraudster, or anything like that, I'm sure they have the science settled, and people definitely know what they're talking about.

Anyways, fighting is banned all over the place, now. It's not a big deal, you just have to pick your spots better and have a couple guys in that role on the roster you can rotate through. We did this in Minor Hockey and probably averaged 2 fights/game with it being "banned". Everyone went on to lead normal lives, too. Crazy. 

I see the same thing in the PJHL every weekend.

It can actually be a good thing as you lose the staged garbage (Though some of those were good, too, at all levels, and sold a lot of tickets around that) and now the only fights you'll see are when 2 guys really hate each other, or emotions spill over. That's good, entertaining hockey I don't really want to lose.

If this post isn't evidence of CTE a

In amateur athletes, I don't know what it is.