• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Welcome to the NHL' Provides Inside Look at Top Prospects at 2023 Draft

Phil

cut.jpg

NEW YORK -- The award-winning "Welcome to the NHL," produced by NHL Productions, returns with exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the top prospects in the 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft™ in Nashville. The show will premiere on Friday, July 21, at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and at 7 p.m. ET on NHL Network in the U.S. Sportsnet One will carry the program on Saturday, July 22, at 7 p.m. ET for fans in Canada. View the trailer here.

Cameras follow seven top prospects - Connor Bedard (No. 1 overall, Chicago Blackhawks), Adam Fantilli (No. 3 overall, Columbus Blue Jackets), William Smith (No. 4 overall, San Jose Sharks), Oliver Moore (No. 19 overall, Chicago Blackhawks), Oliver Bonk (No. 22 overall, Philadelphia Flyers), Carey Terrance (No. 59, Anaheim Ducks) and Jacob Fowler (No. 69, Montreal Canadiens) - as they experience the anxiety and exhilaration of the NHL Draft with their families, friends and trusted advisors.

18 minutes ago, CCCP said:

shouldnt we give Laf 5 years too?

I’m of the opinion we should, yes.

Cause that’s the story with most guys before you see results you like. 
Regardless of draft position, they’re still 18 at the time. 

I get it if you disagree.

Totally bro.

I don’t piss on that. 

Lots of factors play into player development. It’s not often a straight line. 

It’s been 2 years since they drafted Othmann. And he probably goes to Hartford to at least start the year.

Youre probably not seeing him full-time, full season, on the roster till next year. That’s year 4.

Kreider was drafted in 2009.

Spent the next 3 full seasons in college. Got the call for playoffs in 11-12. Spent 12-13 split between AHL and NHL. Not a full-time NHL’er until 13-14. 
That’s draft year plus 5.

Edited by RangersIn7

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

I’m of the opinion we should, yes.

Cause that’s the story with most guys before you see results you like. 
Regardless of draft position, they’re still 18 at the time. 

I get it if you disagree.

Totally bro.

I don’t piss on that. 

Lots of factors play into player development. It’s not often a straight line. 

i dont disagree.  im rooting for the kid.  I want more hard nosed players on the team that produce, not less

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i dont disagree.  im rooting for the kid.  I want more hard nosed players on the team that produce, not less

I know man.

I take it too seriously I think.

I work as a normal person does, in my given profession. But I also teach and intern younger men and women in my trade too on the side. 
I’ve seen plenty of talented and adept kids struggle with things and have deficiencies that I’ve thought they shouldn’t. But they’re young and inexperienced and just need the time with the right guidance and all of that.

The overwhelming majority figure it out given the right approach in dealing with them.

• Like 1