• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kyle Dubas Out as Toronto GM

The writing on the wall was there when they asked him if he’s interested in coming back and he said “I’m gonna have to talk to my family”… he’ll land somewhere else and be 10x happier without all the scrutiny. 

With that said… at the end of the day he made as many stupid decisions as he did good ones.. matthews marner and nylander could have all been on smaller deals which would have opened up space for a starting goalie which they desperately needed. 

Tavares at an $11 cap hit is a joke. The kadri episode. Unable to get a goalie. Etc etc… learn and win at your next stop Kyle. 

as for keefe… a lot of criticism for his coaching this playoffs but wasn’t he also one of those guys a few years ago that was the hot new incoming coach? 

Edited by siddious
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, siddious said:

The writing on the wall was there when they asked him if he’s interested in coming back and he said “I’m gonna have to talk to my family”… he’ll land somewhere else and be 10x happier without all the scrutiny. 

With that said… at the end of the day he made as many stupid decisions as he did good ones.. matthews marner and nylander could have all been on smaller deals which would have opened up space for a starting goalie which they desperately needed. 

Tavares at an $11 cap hit is a joke. The kadri episode. Unable to get a goalie. Etc etc… learn and win at your next stop Kyle. 

as for keefe… a lot of criticism for his coaching this playoffs but wasn’t he also one of those guys a few years ago that was the hot new incoming coach? 

Yes and I remember quite a few people pining for him, wishing he was available for the Rangers.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

👏 Bravo. He prioritized his family and mental health over a (really fucking good, but really fucking hard) job.

I can't decide of this is Shanahan just saying he wants someone 100% committed, or if it's the Hockey Men™️ "he's mentally soft" bullshit.

That's a mentally fucking tough decision he just made.

• Keeps it 100 1

My theory is that he knows he has the pens job in the bag so he tried to see if Toronto would give him a ridiculous contract. Shanahan is no idiot though.

I think chiclets said he was asking for 3mil more (total) which doesn’t seem like a lot but I guess every dollar counts. 

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Check the Twitter handle 🙂

No. Too much work and I would like to believe it's true furthering my feeling that Shanan will effectively do nothing to move tht org forward. And I did say IF 🤣

shit.

Edited by jsrangers