• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

15 Teams Will Incur a Performance Bonus Overage Penalty Next Season; Bruins Hit with $4.5 Million

• Scott changed the title to Next Season Performance Bonus Cap Penalties
  • Phil changed the title to 15 Teams Will Incur a Performance Bonus Overage Penalty Next Season; Bruins Hit with $4.5 Million

This happens and teams largely plan around the possibility of them when hammering out new deals that have performance bonuses attached. The Bruins are the ones really taking it on the chin here. For everyone else it's completely manageable.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

This happens and teams largely plan around the possibility of them when hammering out new deals that have performance bonuses attached. The Bruins are the ones really taking it on the chin here. For everyone else it's completely manageable.

I want to say the Bruins are incredibly screwed here, but it wouldn't shock me if Bergeron and Krejci ran it back at $1M a piece. It seemed like Bergeron was acting like it was his last game though after that series ended.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I want to say the Bruins are incredibly screwed here, but it wouldn't shock me if Bergeron and Krejci ran it back at $1M a piece. It seemed like Bergeron was acting like it was his last game though after that series ended.

It seemed that way after last season too. He did the same thing, hugging all the players, as they left the ice in Carolina. This one felt a little more final since it was at home. And he’s dealt with a lot of injuries in his time, and has won his Cup, he’s won Gold, he’s gotten all the personal accolades. It probably is time to go, but until he actually does, I’ll believe he’ll be back and on the cheap like you said.

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It seemed that way after last season too. He did the same thing, hugging all the players, as they left the ice in Carolina. This one felt a little more final since it was at home. And he’s dealt with a lot of injuries in his time, and has won his Cup, he’s won Gold, he’s gotten all the personal accolades. It probably is time to go, but until he actually does, I’ll believe he’ll be back and on the cheap like you said.

Apparently his father has cancer and he was playing this season because his dad doesn't have much time left and I think he just wanted to get one more season in. The only reason he was playing in that game in Montreal was that his family was in attendance, and that's where he got hurt, which is really heartbreaking. 

Boston has $6M in space and 14 players signed. They'd need to bring in 5 forwards and re-sign/replace Swayman at an average of $1M a spot, and that leaves them at 12-6-2 with no extras and no room for call ups without LTIR. 

Flyers are in a somewhat less dire position. 15 players signed, $7.7M in cap space. And they're going to tear it down anyway, right?

41 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Boston has $6M in space and 14 players signed. They'd need to bring in 5 forwards and re-sign/replace Swayman at an average of $1M a spot, and that leaves them at 12-6-2 with no extras and no room for call ups without LTIR. 

Flyers are in a somewhat less dire position. 15 players signed, $7.7M in cap space. And they're going to tear it down anyway, right?

They're probably also dumping Hall, but yes, their cap situation is perilous.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Apparently his father has cancer and he was playing this season because his dad doesn't have much time left and I think he just wanted to get one more season in. The only reason he was playing in that game in Montreal was that his family was in attendance, and that's where he got hurt, which is really heartbreaking. 

Oh wow. I didn’t hear about any of that. That’s brutal. I remember that that was the game he got hurt and there were questions as to why he was even playing.

Oof. Just brutal.