• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF: Hurricanes vs. Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

Islanders need to win game 3 to extend the Canes a bit and keep them from a short series.  So far only home ice matters in Raleigh as the road teams have been impressive around the league this year.  Islanders can still come back and make this an interesting series after a couple one goal losses.

Canes have not been impressive - a continuation of the latter part of the season.  Sarokin is much better than Raanta.  Canes need to prove they can win on the road.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders take both at home, and I would be surprised if they didn't take one.  If we can make it past the Devils, I like our chances against the winner of this series.

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Man, it is HYSTERICAL watching that loser Frankie Borrelli livestream his viewing parties at that rat infested dump of a restaurant. Watching them lose and watching him being forced to keep quiet is genuine comedy. He’s such a tool.

Rangers fans have their characters too, but Islanders fans are brutal and so annoying.

Man, Sorokin is one of the best goalies in the league and totally keeping them in this series. It's still very winnable as long as he continues his outstanding play. He's arguably been better/steadier than Shesterkin in his career. Last season Igor was insane, this year Sorokin was better but Shesterkin has really come on these last two or three weeks and been looking much closer to his Vezina self.

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Man, Sorokin is one of the best goalies in the league and totally keeping them in this series. It's still very winnable as long as he continues his outstanding play. He's arguably been better/steadier than Shesterkin in his career. Last season Igor was insane, this year Sorokin was better but Shesterkin has really come on these last two or three weeks and been looking much closer to his Vezina self.

Looking like Whit wasn't so far off in saying by the time it's all said and done Sorokin might have the better career. 

Sorokin is a stud. Canes showed last year that any series is winnable against them because they are horrific when they’re not at home. Went 0-6 on the road in the playoffs. Don’t remember a hell of a lot of their series against Boston. But against us, it was like 2 different teams up until Game 7: Carolina when at home was like playing 1-on-1 with Michael Jordan, and Carolina on the road was like playing against BeetleJuice from the Howard Stern Show.

39 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Rangers fans have their characters too, but Islanders fans are brutal and so annoying.

True ....like the guy who flatlined that Lightning fan on the breezeway after a playoff game last year.....not a good look for us.

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sorokin was absolute garbage in G2.

He won't have too many of those.

I actually want Carolina over Islanders at this point. The Canes attack doesn't scare me at all and they have mediocre goaltending. Islanders for some reason always beats us and they are the only team left with a goalie that can match ours.

Get this series to 7 games and give me a beaten up Carolina in round 2 please.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He won't have too many of those.

I actually want Carolina over Islanders at this point. The Canes attack doesn't scare me at all and they have mediocre goaltending. Islanders for some reason always beats us and they are the only team left with a goalie that can match ours.

Get this series to 7 games and give me a beaten up Carolina in round 2 please.

No worries Zuuuuc man!  The way we've been playing, neither of these 2 teams scare me.  The Devils are actually the better of the whole lot, and have more firepower than either of these 2.

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No worries Zuuuuc man!  The way we've been playing, neither of these 2 teams scare me.  The Devils are actually the better of the whole lot, and have more firepower than either of these 2.

I agree. This team is on such a roll I can't really see them losing to that Islanders team, but for some reason they always up their game a lot when they play Rangers and Rangers usually does the opposite. I don't expect that to be the case in a potential round 2 matchup, but it's never easy to play a defensively solid, big and strong team with a great a goaltender in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I agree. This team is on such a roll I can't really see them losing to that Islanders team, but for some reason they always up their game a lot when they play Rangers and Rangers usually does the opposite. I don't expect that to be the case in a potential round 2 matchup, but it's never easy to play a defensively solid, big and strong team with a great a goaltender in the playoffs.

I think the Isles have met their maker here.  They can't solve Carolina, and their goalie has been sub par so far.  They even lost a lead in the 3rd last game...that's not them!

Carolina takes this one in 5, and they're hurting without Svech, and now Teuvo....That really just leaves Aho as a threat.