• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF: Hurricanes vs. Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

7 minutes ago, fletch said:

This series is going at least 6 games.  That’s all we could really hope for..  I think the Rangers would have a better chance to advance if they got the Isles rather than the Canes but we are capable of beating both.

You see what a 22 year old rookie is doing to them right now?  Granted, its the Rangers' MO to make young, inexperienced/rookie goalies look like the second coming of Jesus.  But I want no part of Sorokin in the playoffs idc how bad the team is in front of him.  Give me the Canes please

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You see what a 22 year old rookie is doing to them right now?  Granted, its the Rangers' MO to make young, inexperienced/rookie goalies look like the second coming of Jesus.  But I want no part of Sorokin in the playoffs idc how bad the team is in front of him.  Give me the Canes please

No doubt. Plus, I generally don't want to play the Islanders no matter who is in goal for them. lol

Also, it's a terrible take that the Rangers are the only team that makes opposing goalies, young or old, look great. It's such a worn out trope. I wonder if the people who say this actually watch other games around the league. It happens all the time. 

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

No doubt. Plus, I generally don't want to play the Islanders no matter who is in goal for them. lol

Also, it's a terrible take that the Rangers are the only team that makes opposing goalies, young or old, look great. It's such a worn out trope. I wonder if the people who say this actually watch other games around the league. It happens all the time. 

Sure, I bet it happens a lot.  Idc what other teams do though.  I care that the Rangers make a habit of it.

How sad is it that the Islanders, a team that couldn’t get out of its way the last month of the season and only got into the playoffs because everyone else were also in love with mediocrity, is showing more heart than we have these playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, Keirik said:

How sad is it that the Islanders, a team that couldn’t get out of its way the last month of the season and only got into the playoffs because everyone else were also in love with mediocrity, is showing more heart than we have these playoffs. 

It's sad, but not surprising. This is just how this Islanders team is. They may have a lot shortcomings, but you can never question their heart and will.

Another great period by them, could easily be up by more than one here. I fear for Canes if this go to game 7. They look a little bruised and tired right now.

Can you think of a better way for their season to end than on a bad turnover by one of their "bedrock" defensemen and a very bad goal on their great goalie?

They shot their wad with the Horvat trade and 8 year signing.  Now, they are in a straightjacket of their own making.  It couldn't happen to a better octogenarian.  The era of mediocrity is upon Elmont.

• The Chyt! 1

21 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Can you think of a better way for their season to end than on a bad turnover by one of their "bedrock" defensemen and a very bad goal on their great goalie?

They shot their wad with the Horvat trade and 8 year signing.  Now, they are in a straightjacket of their own making.  It couldn't happen to a better octogenarian.  The era of mediocrity is upon Elmont.

Yeah, that Horvat extension is gonna age like milk.

If this is it for Parise, hats off to him. Hell of a career. Was a Ranger killer when he was in Jersey. Very solid career. 

Man, we’re all getting old. I still remember the 2003 draft and he being who I badly wanted. I remember watching a pre-Draft Rangers show and he was being interviewed and talked about how cool it would be to play here. And then he ends up, of all places, across the River. Our luck.