• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Toews Done in Chicago

Pretty professional for them to give the fans that heads up so they can show extra appreciation. Talk about an ultimate pro who brought that org from an original 6 joke to championship contender for many years. Congrats Toews (I'm not sure anyone will give him a contract; this may be his last NHL game).

The guy has been a damn good player...probably Hall of Famer.  At least I hope so!  I always liked "Tazer"...kinda wish we had him all those years!

I'm looking forward to seeing his send-off.  It should be one for the ages!

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I could see Toews on a cheap contract ($1M) to play 4C and provide center depth in NY if Kane re-signs here. Either something like that or I think he retires.

If he's not retiring, my guess is Winnipeg.

He's probably done in the NHL. That long COVID definitely messed him up. A shitty way to go out, but a great career and an end of an era in Chicago. There's going to be a few lean years there while they rebuild, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. I'd be alright with it after experiencing three cups in a short timespan. 

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He had a really nice send off in Chicago. I'd bet he retires. With the health issues he has dealt with and the nice send off, it would be a great way to head off into retirement.

Yepp seems like retirement is the likely outcome. My guess is his health wasn’t improving so he said fuck it let me at least enjoy my last few nhl games and came back. 

I don't agree. He had a great game, scored a goal, almost won it in OT.

He can play. If you read between the lines of his comments, he's just not willing to put in the work to play on a bottom feeder.

I think it'll depend on who calls him. I think he'd go to a contender on a team friendly deal in a heartbeat.