• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MSG Network in Trouble?

Bugg

https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/mlb-to-stream-games-for-free-amid-looming-diamond-sports-bankruptcy-sources/

"Locally, MSG Networks, which doesn’t broadcast MLB games, has seen its earnings decline and has a roughly $900 million debt payment in October 2024. If it cannot refinance its loans it too will very likely go bankrupt, sources said.

On March 1, MSG Networks announced the launch of its own MSG+ streaming channel that will charge $10 a game or $30 a month for Knicks and Rangers games. "  No wonder Sam&Joe aren't traveling to western Canada. 

Edited by Bugg

MSG Network bankruptcy? Sure, why not? It's just a financial move by Dolan anyway especially since he already got his money back and then some. Amazing how the finance system, tax system and bankruptcy systems work to the benefit of the wealthy.

Maybe I don't fully understand the numbers, but I'd love an 'unbundled' opportunity. I (think) that I would rather pay a season subscription price - and be able to watch the game live from anywhere, not just my home Internet network - over getting '200+ channels' most of which I will never, ever watch. Keep the phone line too!

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank