• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Big Changes in Philly: Fletcher Out as GM, Brière Named Interim GM

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Big Changes in Philly: Fletcher Out as GM, Brière Named Interim GM
4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

When you aren't able to trade JVR, Justin Braun, or pretty much anyone of significance at the deadline...yeah. Only one first round pick next year? Organization is basically run by Gritty-incarnate.

Yea i really don’t know wtf he was doing at the deadline 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

....and they laughed at us when we wrote "the letter"????

Who's laughing now, bitches!!!!  LOL

Difference being....they will get a top 5 pick and probably grab a generational talents... Haha The laughs get passed back and forth.

• Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Difference being....they will get a top 5 pick and probably grab a generational talents... Haha The laughs get passed back and forth.

This is true, but at least I get a few years to giggle a little. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

When you aren't able to trade JVR, Justin Braun, or pretty much anyone of significance at the deadline...yeah. Only one first round pick next year? Organization is basically run by Gritty-incarnate.

this one baffles me. like basically every year, every playoff team wants to add a depth defenseman at the deadline. They couldn't get a 4th round pick for the guy? How badly did Fletcher overvalue his players?

I get on JVR its tough with the flat cap to move salary but they could've found someone to take him, at 50% retained for a pick and a prospect. 

11 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Flyers were one of.the top contenders for a fire sale. Could've gotten one or two firsts for Hayes and then sold for picks in this upcoming deep draft. I don't get it.

Neither did they, so they fired him. lol

10 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Probably not since the suck at the draft too

Yes. Nolan Patrick was a colossal bust for them.

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I would hope for them to blame Torts for that terrible roster and fire him so I have another coach to hope for to replace Gallant, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Torts said this was going to be his last coaching gig.

He did, and Friedman noted on the latest 32 Thoughts podcast that Tortorella has a ton of sway there and they really believe in him. He's not going anywhere.

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Neither did they, so they fired him. lol

Yes. Nolan Patrick was a colossal bust for them.

When I'm depressed about LaF and Kakko, I try to cheer myself up by thinking about what a -- headache -- Nolan Patrick proved to be for the Flyers.

• 1 month later...