• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bruins Acquire Tyler Bertuzzi from Red Wings

• Phil changed the title to Bruins Acquire Tyler Bertuzzi from Red Wings
5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Was gonna say I’m surprised to see Detroit be sellers, I thought their team was getting better and close to being a playoff team. Then I looked at the standings. 

nevermind that thought. 

One 3-4 game winning streak they’d be right there. 2 points separate them and Buffalo. 6 points between them and the NYI and DET has 4 games in hand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

It's a little odd to me that they move out Bertuzzi and Hronek but lock up Larkin long term. Maybe they didn't like what the trade return would've been for Larkin?

I think the Wings are loading up on assets to make an impactful trade this summer.

Bertuzzi has had an awful year. But he likely will find a way to turn it around in Boston.

This trade puts the Bruins at $426K over the cap. Which means another move is coming today for them before 5. And the NHL knows, because if not this deal wouldn’t have been approved. They have to be cap compliant by 5pm.

Reading rumors about Taylor Hall needing a second opinion for his LBI. So a solution may be him going to LTIR.

But we shall see.

34 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

One 3-4 game winning streak they’d be right there. 2 points separate them and Buffalo. 6 points between them and the NYI and DET has 4 games in hand 

Teams are realizing if you're a wild card team in the East, you're not really a playoff team. 

58 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Yea I guess I’m just not paying attention as much this season

6 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

i was definitely not being serious but also totally missed that Tuch is out. yeah theyre fucked 

I don't doubt that T² can win a series by himself. But yea, their playoff hopes are cooked.