• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres Re-Sign Dylan Cozens to 7-Year/$49.7m Extension; $7.1m AAV

Keirik

• Phil changed the title to Sabres Re-Sign Dylan Cozens to 7-Year/$49.7m Extension; $7.1m AAV

Their core is locked in, aside from Dahlin. And they have plenty of cap room to spare to sign/acquire the missing pieces. The team is doing a decent job and trending in the right direction after parting ways with Eichel. All they need is a goaltender and a decent top-4 defenseman and they could do some damage as a wildcard team.

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Their core is locked in, aside from Dahlin. And they have plenty of cap room to spare to sign/acquire the missing pieces. The team is doing a decent job and trending in the right direction after parting ways with Eichel. All they need is a goaltender and a decent top-4 defenseman and they could do some damage as a wildcard team.

I've been impressed with Cozens and the Sabres as a whole. 

They're betting on their players and locking them in early, and building a core of players who WANT to be in Buffalo.

If they manage to grab the 8th seed they'll get smoked by Boston for sure, but they got a good future coming. 

To your point on Dahlin, I figure they are probably locking everything else in place and then using what's left on him. They can't afford to lose him. He's really turned into a top defenseman 

Good for Buffalo!  I'm glad to see them keep their good players locked in.  They haven't been relevant since Hasek was there, and the "May Day" goal.

Before that, I think you have to go back to Gil Perrault, Rick Martin, and Rene Robert!!!  Christ!  Jim Schoenfeld was on that team, that's how long ago that was!!!

Anyway, Cozens has been pretty awesome.  Good for the kid!!!

Another great deal by Buffalo. I've always liked Cozens. Big center with a nasty streak, so noticeable every time I watch Buffalo (Usually only vs Rangers tbh lol).

21y old 6'3 Center on pace for 30g/70p locked up for 7m for 7 years? Crazy.

Their 1-2 C and top 4D are set for the next 10 years, now they just need a goalie and use their cap space on the right kind of depth and they'll be scary for many years to come.