• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

LAK Re-Sign Trevor Moore to 5-Year, $21M Extension; $4.2M AAV

Cash or Czech

• Phil changed the title to LAK Re-Sign Trevor Moore to 5-Year, $21M Extension; $4.2M AAV
9 hours ago, rmc51 said:

On the contrary, they might do a one year deal and revisit summer 24 when the cap goes up significantly.

Yeah, I think this is a case of one or long-term. No middle ground. No reason to for either party, especially the Rangers, who would walk him right to UFA at 25 or 26.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah, I think this is a case of one or long-term. No middle ground. No reason to for either party, especially the Rangers, who would walk him right to UFA at 25 or 26.

1 year makes a lot of sense for both sides, but every player is different. Maybe Chytil is a pretty risk-adverse guy and will want longer term security, but he's going to have to take less than he might be worth on one with the way the cap is for the team and the league right now. To some degree, he might say "if I cost myself a few millions bucks but still a UFA at 28 then who cares?"