• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Yakov Trenin

BrooksBurner

35 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Blais and a 2nd rounder.  Throw in The Dude if needed

I was going to suggest Zac Jones and a 2nd, for those balking at a 1st. Gallant obviously doesn't care for Jones, and in fairness Jones hadn't been that good. But I can get behind Blais and a 2nd also. Bad optics trading what they got for Buchnevich, but it's a sunk cost and Drury has to move on with what makes sense moving forward. Either Blais remains what he is right now, which is not worthy of a roster spot, or he improves and the Rangers won't spend the money on re-signing him for more than he's already getting anyway.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

I was going to suggest Zac Jones and a 2nd, for those balking at a 1st. Gallant obviously doesn't care for Jones, and in fairness Jones hadn't been that good. But I can get behind Blais and a 2nd also. Bad optics trading what they got for Buchnevich, but it's a sunk cost and Drury has to move on with what makes sense moving forward. Either Blais remains what he is right now, which is not worthy of a roster spot, or he improves and the Rangers won't spend the money on re-signing him for more than he's already getting anyway.

I was going to suggest Jones and a second 

I rather do Jones than  Blais

I think Blais and Trenin are very similar 

7 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i'd rather spend that 15 minutes looking through the Hot chicks thread

Yeah me too!!  But That post is loaded with facts and info to back up an idea.  ...I'm old, Simon.  Shit like that nowadays gives me blood flow!! 😉

• JIMMY! 1

1 minute ago, lefty9 said:

I was going to suggest Jones and a second 

I rather do Jones than  Blais

I think Blais and Trenin are very similar 

Yeah, I think Drury thought he was getting a Goodrow-like player with Blais. Hasn't turned out that way, but @Ozzy is right, he had a big knee injury and it's maybe not fair to cut him out completely yet.

• Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Yeah, I think Drury thought he was getting a Goodrow-like player with Blais. Hasn't turned out that way, but @Ozzy is right, he had a big knee injury and it's maybe not fair to cut him out completely yet.

I am giving Blais more time before I start getting on him, I agree with you and Ozzy

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

no way Nashville trades Trenin for Jones and 2nd .  Maybe Jones and 1st, but i doubt it.  Jones is a throw in, Trenin is an asset.  But wtf do i know?

31 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

I am giving Blais more time before I start getting on him, I agree with you and Ozzy

45 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

It’s generally  16-18 months to get back to full strength after that injury for a hockey player.

He had the injury in November of 21 and the surgery in December. 

Edited by RangersIn7
  • Keeps it 100 1

24 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’s generally  16-18 months to get back to full strength after that injury for a hockey player.

He had the injury in November of 21 and the surgery in December. 

That sounds about right ,7...  I wasn't expecting a ton from him this year.  As a matter of fact, I'm kinda surprised he's played as much as he has so far.  If I know the Rangers, they'll unload this guy before he's 100% and whomever we trade him to, he'll score the Stanley Cup winning goal for.   LOL

Nah, seriously though; I think he's a solid bottom 6 player, and he just needs time to get everything healed up.  After that I think it's just mental, with that injury.

I hope they hang with him.  I didn't see a whole lot of him in St Louis, but I did catch a few playoff games when he looked pretty good.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

Yes. I’ll have my Tesla drive us there so I can memorize the Twitter File tweets on the way. Are you bringing your bump stocked AR 15 again?

So it's true, conservatives would rather be with Russians than liberals.

• LMFAO 2

RMC51 for Assistant GM.  Neil Smith originally got his job with the Red Wings by writing scouting reports for free and sending them to the GM.  Get going with the memos to Drury.

In all seriousness, thanks for a serious evaluation and proposal, a model for other posters who may tend to dabble in pie in the sky stuff.

Edited by Sod16
  • Believe 1

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Blais can play consistently like he did in last year's pre-season he's worth holding onto.

I really think it remains to be seen. He may be able to. It's just over a calendar year since he was hurt.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

On 12/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, Phil said:

That's fair. And I agree on Jeannot. Just three goals and six points in 27 games this year. But I'd venture a guess that he's closer to this than he is that 24-goal scorer. I feel like that was an aberration. He's never really been a big scorer minus another aberration year in his final WHL year.

I think he's a player who, in the right circumstances, can get white hot, in which case, you ride it, but it's foolish to expect 20+ goals every year.

Given he plays both LW/RW, I see him as a really interesting option to slot up and down the lineup as needed. Similar to Goodrow, but with better scoring potential. Basically, what Blais was for the Blues in their Cup run, but better than Blais.

Been thinking about this some more, and my conclusion is to just get both.