• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

SaveByRichter35

From the creators of Netflix's "Dark".  Kind of a Titanic meets Inception.  I am 7 episodes into an 8 episode season.  It has moments where it was kind of rough to watch.  I would say parts of episodes 3-5 were hard to keep watching.  I asked myself a few times, why am I wasting my time with this?  The first few episodes had me hooked just enough to only keep watching because I wanted to see how it would end.  Episodes 6 and 7 finally roped me back in again and I am looking forward to the finale tonight.  Its a mixed language show with subtitles built in.  So there are some scenes where characters speak English and some where characters speak other languages with English translations.  This leads me to my biggest pet peeve of the show.  Somehow, everyone on the ship can understand everyone else's languages.  Characters speaking French have conversations with someone speaking Portuguese who has conversations with someone speaking Spanish who has conversations with someone speaking German who has conversations with someone who speaks English who has conversations with someone who speaks Cantonese.  And they all understand each other.  Suspension of disbelief is necessary to get past this odd plot hole.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't think it was that bad, but yeah, Dark was definitely better. I won't lie either, I thought about giving up halfway through. I thought it was confusing and all over the place. Dark had its moments too, but that show did a much better job at getting you hooked and keeping you hooked.

Very confusing at times.  There were moments where I honestly didn't know wtf I was watching and what this show was supposed to be about lol.  I am glad I stuck with it though.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't think it was that bad, but yeah, Dark was definitely better. I won't lie either, I thought about giving up halfway through. I thought it was confusing and all over the place. Dark had its moments too, but that show did a much better job at getting you hooked and keeping you hooked.

Dark is a show I really need to go back and re-watch, because too much time had passed in between me watching the first seasons and the last one, and boy did I feel a bit lost at times that last season. Fantastic series though...and I couldn't stand the English audio overlays so I had to switch it to German and read subtitles

Edited by rmc51

18 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Dark is a show I really need to go back and re-watch, because too much time had passed in between me watching the first seasons and the last one, and boy did I feel a bit lost at times that last season. Fantastic series though...and I couldn't stand the English audio overlays so I had to switch it to German and read subtitles

That sounds so much worst to me lol.  I had to put up with the English dubbing when I was watching Money Heist.  It was definitely annoying because I cannot stand when the sound doesn't match the character's mouths as they speak.  However, there was no way I was sitting through the Spanish audio with English subtitles.  

Finished 1899 last night.  Decent twist at the end.  Without giving anything away, I assumed a twist was coming but not exactly what it turned out to be.  It was definitely left with an open ending for a second season.  Not sure if I would put time into it.  Guess it depends what else I am watching at the time.  And if my wife is holding me back by falling asleep all the time hahaha.  

Edited by SaveByRichter35

• 4 weeks later...

It's done.

“With a heavy heart we have to tell you that ‘1899’ will not be renewed,” Odar wrote. “We would have loved to finish this incredible journey with a second and third season as we did with ‘Dark.’ But sometimes things don’t turn out the way you planned. That’s life.”

“We know this will disappoint millions of fans out there. But we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts that you were a part of this wonderful adventure,” he added, “We love you. Never forget.”