• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #29] Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche — Avalanche? More Like Ambulance, Amirite!?

Phil

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

When he's on, Igor is the best goalie in the world.

But that Ranger defense playing in front of him can be comical at times, and not in a good way.

Watch the Av's goal, skater goes to the front of the net, doesn't get cleared, and instead of blocking the shot or knocking it down, I believe the defender kind of moves his leg out of the way allowing the puck to get through. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, going to take a look at it again tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

4-1-1 in our last 6. Permission to be optimistic?

1. Encouraging.

2. IMO, pump the brakes on the fire GG move.

3. If Shesterkin can play close to this level for 5-10 games, the Rangers will climb up the standings.  More games played, but not that far from second place in the bunched Metro.

Devils 43 points

Hurricanes, Penguins, Islander 34 points

Rangers 33 points

We get a solid installment of Shesty doing "Shesty things" last night!

And we win in a........Shootout???  Really???

Welcome back once again, folks!!
...And here are the Top 15 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Kindred Hospital; where most of the Avalanche roster is currently residing.

14 hours ago, josh said:

Ok black eyed peas has been posted in a gdt, maybe it’s time to cut back on the weird shit

13 hours ago, josh said:

Goodrow hasn’t won a fight since ‘Nam 

12 hours ago, josh said:

No, that’s how Sam really looks 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Vesey peeling off like he’s Gretz only to not even get a shot lol 

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

The team saw @cupalife's negativity last game thread and got discouraged

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Tell me when bread dropped that off to a guy off screen you all weren’t like “noooo” lol 

11 hours ago, Karan said:

Baby Trouba is an insult at this point.

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Is Fox okay? He stick handles like his hands are cement lol

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

"Ya gotta bereave!"

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Who said I was wearing anything? 

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

Weird music; played a cover  of "Don't Fear the Reaper". Not enough cowbell.

10 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

We’re all buzz with no sting. 

10 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

I think NY is the place where goal scorers go to die

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Fuck you Geo! 

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Resting bitch face mode activated.

Well, it sure wasn't pretty, but we ended up coming back home with a 3 game winning streak! 

Big Game on Monday, gang!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @jamsim1967.

After all these years, I think you're right, man!  New York, and especially the Rangers, is a goal scorers graveyard!  I think it's the altitude!!!   😉

• Like 2

We really need to find a better solution to 2RW than Goodrow. He's a good bottom-6 player on the cycle. Offense dies on his stick when he picks it up with Chytil and Panarin. He's handicapping that line, and killed a few chances last night. Kratsov or trade acquisition, but we need something different there for a more balanced attack. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

We really need to find a better solution to 2RW than Goodrow. He's a good bottom-6 player on the cycle. Offense dies on his stick when he picks it up with Chytil and Panarin. He's handicapping that line, and killed a few chances last night. Kratsov or trade acquisition, but we need something different there for a more balanced attack. 

Kravtsov. Gallant needs to stop being a little bitch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Pause on firing GG? A few wins does not a coach make. 

Fast-forward to a playoff series when we’re screaming at the TV to make an adjustment, or where’s our D plan, or “Not Vesey!” No, GG still needs to be shown the door. Get a new coach and system in place ASAP. 

Yup. The real talk is even though they’ve won 3 in a row, they still looked bad defensively in two of them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Yup. The real talk is even though they’ve won 3 in a row, they still looked bad defensively in two of them. 

That's right ... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.. you can't pay attention to the scoreboard with this team, you have to pay attention to the underlying numbers... What are they doing at five on five especially defensively? 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

It’s funny because I honestly never notice him during games but since everyone was shitting on him here lately I tried to pay attention to him last night and woof! Really bad game for the guy. 

I agree he has no place in the top 6.

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Told you , that saucer pass game before got him another 13 games 

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

2 hours ago, siddious said:

It’s funny because I honestly never notice him during games but since everyone was shitting on him here lately I tried to pay attention to him last night and woof! Really bad game for the guy. 

I agree he has no place in the top 6.

He’s a good NHL player who can legitimately play the minutes of a top-6 player…,

BUT…. On the lower-end of those minutes, with a fair portion of them coming on the PK, and not in the actual ROLE of a top-6 player. He can go up there situationally and as needed; a shift or two, or as a juggle to change things up, or because you like a matchup, or even short-term as in for a few games. But not heavily. 

5 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

kravstov, Kakko, Kreider moving over and Lafreniere moving up, there was that kid othmann, too 

fans wanted Goodrow and Vesey. Some of us knew exactly what that meant, at the time.

34 minutes ago, josh said:

kravstov, Kakko, Kreider moving over and Lafreniere moving up, there was that kid othmann, too 

fans wanted Goodrow and Vesey. Some of us knew exactly what that meant, at the time.

What a silly comment. 

"Some of us knew" Gallant was going to play whomever was in those roles over kids, so yes having Goodrow and Vesey over the alts was preferable. 

Edited by Pete