• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Move Over Kreibanejad, There's a New Bromance in Town!

Phil

Some Rangers, like Messier, have done fine living in Manhattan.  Others, like Leetch, have "slipped on ice" there.  Personally, I prefer having players live near the practice rink.  Back in the day, Emile Francis's move of the players out to Long Beach had a lot to do with the turnaround of the franchise.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's not how pro sports works.

It wasn't a comment that indicated players are kept just because they are "friends". Lindgren is an important piece in on ice contributions already as Fox's on-ice partner. The other stuff here can definitely be a plus that nudges even further in the direction of keeping him. Winning teams don't ignore chemistry if it is not detrimental to on-ice results. They embrace it. It's part of the equation.

20 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

It wasn't a comment that indicated players are kept just because they are "friends". Lindgren is an important piece in on ice contributions already as Fox's on-ice partner. The other stuff here can definitely be a plus that nudges even further in the direction of keeping him. Winning teams don't ignore chemistry if it is not detrimental to on-ice results. They embrace it. It's part of the equation.

I mean, I love Lindgren, but they have guys to pay, and guys with NMCs, and he's one of the few who don't...And frankly, they can "afford" to lose him.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I mean, I get that, but my point stands: personal friendships aren't the trade protection you think they are.

Nevermind Zucc, we literally BOUGHT OUT HANK eventually. The loyalty/friendships only go so far for so long. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

I'm not too sure they can do without Lindgren, they're often times ass with him and were two levels below ass after he left last night. They just aren't good back there in their own end Trouba seems to be far from even good, if he's not running through somebody he's getting walked. Alot. It's a bad look for the group when Igor isn't standing on his head and so far this season he's not playing to that same level. Bad combination. Middle of the pack bunch certainly not a top tier bunch. 

6 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I'm not too sure they can do without Lindgren, they're often times ass with him and were two levels below ass after he left last night. They just aren't good back there in their own end Trouba seems to be far from even good, if he's not running through somebody he's getting walked. Alot. It's a bad look for the group when Igor isn't standing on his head and so far this season he's not playing to that same level. Bad combination. Middle of the pack bunch certainly not a top tier bunch. 

Agree. I think Lindgren is underappreciated and underrated. The team usually look bad defensively, but without Lindgren it turns into a mess real fast. He's really the only defender we have that's defensively responsible. He also compliments Fox so well that it's a risk to move him.

It's no coincidence that the two games in the playoffs last season they played without Lindgren they got lit up for 7 goals in both.

6 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I'm so done with Trouba, at his price tag. He's a 5M guy. And now they can't trade him. 

I think what we saw last night is more of a product of playing with 5D and switching partners causing disorganization. 

Lindgren is going to be a cap casualty as it sits right now. That by definition is somebody you have to let go because you can't afford to pay them. It's not because you want to let them go, but there's not an unlimited payroll. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm so done with Trouba, at his price tag. He's a 5M guy. And now they can't trade him. 

I think what we saw last night is more of a product of playing with 5D and switching partners causing disorganization. 

Lindgren is going to be a cap casualty as it sits right now. That by definition is somebody you have to let go because you can't afford to pay them. It's not because you want to let them go, but there's not an unlimited payroll. 

When Lindgren hits arbitration, Trouba's deal becomes a M-NTC.  I don't know about you but the SECOND Trouba's deal becomes a M-NTC, I want the fargin trade list. TOOT SUITE. 

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Costa said:

When Lindgren hits arbitration, Trouba's deal becomes a M-NTC.  I don't know about you but the SECOND Trouba's deal becomes a M-NTC, I want the fargin trade list. TOOT SUITE. 

They gave him the C, he's not getting traded IMO.