• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Reverse Retro Jersey Reveals

Phil

On 10/19/2022 at 5:58 PM, Cash or Czech said:

I'm not linking it bc fuck Wysh but apparently one of them glows in the dark. Rep bet on which team?

On 10/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dallas.  I think their black/neon green already glows in the dark.

On 10/19/2022 at 6:59 PM, josh said:

If not Dallas, Lightning would make sense

It's Vegas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Phil said:

The Sabres unis look awful. Yellow on white on white with the smallest amount of blue trim? Are they trying to blind the audience?

I know that they're doing a direct palette swap on the 90s goathead uniforms, but that was misguided. The ice isn't blue, guys.

They'd have done better with a home version of the jersey or at least blue pants.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm with Marek on that front. It needs to be. Especially with teams now actively adopting white-on-white color schemes like this.

On the ice needing to be blue? Like in NHL94?

For all the talk about jersey ads and helmet ads and dynamic board ads being distracting or impure...blue ice would do me in.

• LOL 1

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

On the ice needing to be blue? Like in NHL94?

For all the talk about jersey ads and helmet ads and dynamic board ads being distracting or impure...blue ice would do me in.

Yes.

Blue ice, all day long. Marek always brings it up with Friedman. He goes too far with orange "blue lines," but his push for blue ice is rooted in reason. Optically, it's the worst color on television.

x1qt37v3WsriXpYYQq_w_gEYHH4CcJzL23v9Mkcw

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes.

Blue ice, all day long. Marek always brings it up with Friedman. He goes too far with orange "blue lines," but his push for blue ice is rooted in reason. Optically, it's the worst color on television.

x1qt37v3WsriXpYYQq_w_gEYHH4CcJzL23v9Mkcw

But they're not going to diminish the real life product for TV. Black puck on white ice is still the best for the players and fans. 

I don't see it as diminishing. I see it as making things easier on the eyes of fans everywhere. I'm not asking for royal blue here, I'm asking for a really pale blue. The ice will still be incredibly bright. It just wont' be the most jarring version of bright possible.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't see it as diminishing. I see it as making things easier on the eyes of fans everywhere. I'm not asking for royal blue here, I'm asking for a really pale blue. The ice will still be incredibly bright. It just wont' be the most jarring version of bright possible.

Right but they've tried this already and players and fans in the arena said they didn't like it. 

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Oh please no....for us color-blind folks!!!  Keep it white!!

It's not actually about the color, it's about the vibrancy. If you imagine viewing it in black and white, as an example, it would be going from 100% white to 85% white. Just slightly less contrast so your eyes don't strain so much because there's just a bit more gradation between colors.

My situation isn't going to be universal, but whenever I put games on, I tend to have to look away for a moment, or squint when the TV gets turned on right away because of how bright the white is. I also put my kids to bed before hand, so I'm often going from a dark room where my eyes have adjusted to there not being very much light to a dark living room where the TV then gets turned on. My eyes ultimately adjust regardless, but that first moment is always jarring.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Right but they've tried this already and players and fans in the arena said they didn't like it. 

Didn't know this. All I knew is the Sabres tried it in preseason, I think, but their changes were huge. Darker shade of blue, and a total reversal of the on-ice lines.

What I'm suggesting is literally to go from bright white to a really pale blue. Everything else stays the same.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I'm with Pete. Still too many stripes, but at least the pants are blue. White on white on white on white with white ice and fuckin' yellow is just a brutal combo.

Ahem, it’s gold lol.  I think that one is pretty classy looking but different strokes for different folks. 

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's not actually about the color, it's about the vibrancy. If you imagine viewing it in black and white, as an example, it would be going from 100% white to 85% white. Just slightly less contrast so your eyes don't strain so much because there's just a bit more gradation between colors.

My situation isn't going to be universal, but whenever I put games on, I tend to have to look away for a moment, or squint when the TV gets turned on right away because of how bright the white is. I also put my kids to bed before hand, so I'm often going from a dark room where my eyes have adjusted to there not being very much light to a dark living room where the TV then gets turned on. My eyes ultimately adjust regardless, but that first moment is always jarring.

My eyes have gone from "Hero to zero" over the last 7 years.  I'm actually going to go get the corrective surgery as soon as I get off my lazy ass!  The brightness isn't really that bad for me as is distinguishing between colors.  85% isn't going to affect it that much, but I'm curious to see what it's going to be like watching a game without glasses for the first time in WAY TOO MANY years!

I remember that the color-blindness didn't affect me as much as the blindness-blindness, years ago...so I'll deal with that.

If you notice when I post my Wordle's, you'll see I have the contrast mode on....It's pretty bad!!  LOL

Just now, CCCP said:

if you're color blind, what difference does it make if the ice is blue?

Different shades are more difficult to see for me.  Blue is actually one of my worst visible shades.  But it's probably going to look more of an off-white to me at 85%

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Different shades are more difficult to see for me.  Blue is actually one of my worst visible shades.  But it's probably going to look more of an off-white to me at 85%

hay man, i didnt realize you were truly color blind.  Thought you were just joking around.  So its not NY Blueshirts but NY Greyshirts for you, huh? 🙂

• Bullseye 1

14 minutes ago, CCCP said:

hay man, i didnt realize you were truly color blind.  Thought you were just joking around.  So its not NY Blueshirts but NY Greyshirts for you, huh? 🙂

Actually Blue/Purple is my hitch....if they say it's "blue", I believe 'em!!!  LOL

• Believe 1