• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres Re-Sign Mattias Samuelsson to 7-Year/$30.03m Extension; $4.29m AAV

Phil

Realistically, this is the path Buffalo is going to have to take if they want to be a contender ever. Lock up the guys they think can become elite early. If guys aren't going to want to come in UFA, then make it a place the guys that are already here love playing. Money goes a long way to that.

Bringing in Tuch, a WNY guy in the eichel trade meant a lot to them. Big bets on Thompson and this guy but it's what buffalo has to do and I will say, they've got some big balls to make those bets.

11 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Realistically, this is the path Buffalo is going to have to take if they want to be a contender ever. Lock up the guys they think can become elite early. If guys aren't going to want to come in UFA, then make it a place the guys that are already here love playing. Money goes a long way to that.

Bringing in Tuch, a WNY guy in the eichel trade meant a lot to them. Big bets on Thompson and this guy but it's what buffalo has to do and I will say, they've got some big balls to make those bets.

That’s a dangerous game. Imagine laf and kakko getting 7 mil right now 🤣

Freidge talked about this on Marek's radio show today and I am buying what he's selling. Basically, he thinks the Sabres in the future will have to pay a lot for some of their studs - Dahlin and Power, namely. That will coincide with the cap going up too. So why not lock in a player who you think is good, with some pedigree, and is considered an important part of the future at a reasonable hit long term? It's obviously a bit of a gamble, but it's not totally beyond the pale.