• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kratzzzzoff

LeetchHOF

3 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Nailed it.

If anyone here played any sports of higher level you would know how much of a mental component everything is. The kid knows he is under the microscope, he is still young in a new country, trying to figure it all out. The kid just needs a few things to go his way and things can flip quickly with his talent.

Amazing how people seriously want to judge based on a handful of pre season games. He needs to be around the club for a few months,  get in some games where he isnt talked about, and let him figure it out.

No, he needed to do this two years ago. Instead, he took his ball and went home. The NHL is not a development league, and the Rangers are not a development team. Figure it out. Or go to the AHL where you can, away from the spotlight you put on yourself.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, he needed to do this two years ago. Instead, he took his ball and went home. The NHL is not a development league, and the Rangers are not a development team. Figure it out. Or go to the AHL where you can, away from the spotlight you put on yourself.

I really don’t think you guys understand this quote.

he didn’t have the ball. 
you guys says this to me everytime I leave a bickering fest. i don’t have the ball either. That implies control, which he didn’t have. 

He quit on his team, Josh. I don't care what analogy you choose to use. I don't care how many times you needlessly compare it to an office setting that it's nothing like. He. Quit. On. His. Team. That's why he's in the position he's in. That's why the spotlight is on him. That's why he's two years behind in his development. And it's all his fault. It was his selfish decision that put him here.

If he can't figure it out on the fly, he needs to figure it out where most other burgeoning young players do — the AHL.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

He quit on his team, Josh. I don't care what analogy you choose to use. I don't care how many times you needlessly compare it to an office setting that it's nothing like. He. Quit. On. His. Team. That's why he's in the position he's in. That's why the spotlight is on him. That's why he's two years behind in his development. And it's all his fault. It was his selfish decision that put him here.

If he can't figure it out on the fly, he needs to figure it out where most other burgeoning young players do — the AHL.

No he didn’t. That’s what Drury said. 

and we know Hartford doesn’t develop anyone so that’s a hard stop. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Not a single person was on board with these sentiments when Kakko and Lafreniere were not playing well. 

Why does this only apply to Kravstov?

Why are his comments about how everything about last season is mostly false, not taken into consideration? 

Edited by The Dude

2 hours ago, Phil said:

He quit on his team, Josh. I don't care what analogy you choose to use.

If that's going to be constantly held over his head, there's no point having him here and he should have been ditched for a third round pick, which I assume you would prefer to his being here.  If we're going to have him here, we have to grant him a clean slate of sorts.  That doesn't necessarily mean giving him unlimited tether.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Nailed it.

If anyone here played any sports of higher level you would know how much of a mental component everything is. The kid knows he is under the microscope, he is still young in a new country, trying to figure it all out. The kid just needs a few things to go his way and things can flip quickly with his talent.

Amazing how people seriously want to judge based on a handful of pre season games. He needs to be around the club for a few months,  get in some games where he isnt talked about, and let him figure it out.

Many people here have played sports at higher levels yet we can have varying opinions. Amazing how people seriously want to think their opinion is more or less valid based on where or how long they played a sport themselves. Weak argument really. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Not just this, but his last year pout was the year after he already played 20 NHL games in a shortened 56 game season, so he was around the team already previously and should have been able to handle a bit of adversity last preseason. He just made a very poor decision last year. It’s not the end of the world but he started this preseason having even more to prove now compared to others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not a single person was on board with these sentiments when Kakko and Lafreniere were not playing well. 

Why does this only apply to Kravstov?

Why are his comments about how everything about last season is mostly false, not taken into consideration? 

Sorry, when did they quit on the team again?

And I 100% said repeatedly that Kakko and Lafrenière belonged in the AHL. Lafrenière simply couldn't play there due to bylaws. Bylaws that do not affect Kravtsov.

18 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

If that's going to be constantly held over his head, there's no point having him here and he should have been ditched for a third round pick, which I assume you would prefer to his being here.  If we're going to have him here, we have to grant him a clean slate of sorts.  That doesn't necessarily mean giving him unlimited tether.

Nope. False dichotomy. Those are not the only two options. The AHL is where the overwhelming majority of players go to acclimate to the North American game. He shouldn't be above that.

His old deal was two-way so his minors salary was only like 70K a year. I can understand the frustration over not wanting to make that little, but he and his agent agreed to the deal. Regardless, his current deal is one-way. He makes $875K no matter where he plays.

He needs a chance to play, I agree, but if the NHL coach, whose job is to win, won't play him, then he needs to go to the AHL where he's guaranteed more playing time.

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Not just this, but his last year pout was the year after he already played 20 NHL games in a shortened 56 game season, so he was around the team already previously and should have been able to handle a bit of adversity last preseason. He just made a very poor decision last year. It’s not the end of the world but he started this preseason having even more to prove now compared to others.

Exactly. He made this bed. Now play well or lie in it.

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Sorry, when did they quit on the team again?

And I 100% said repeatedly that Kakko and Lafrenière belonged in the AHL. Lafrenière simply couldn't play there due to bylaws. Bylaws that do not affect Kravtsov.

Nah. 

Kinda had my ass handed to me back then for suggesting it. I brought it up at the start of last season too (no bylaws pertaining to Lafreniere) and got some shit for it.

Again.  Kravtsov has said to the media that most of what was said about him and his departure last season was mostly false.  Can we actually find out what happened before we keep saying he quit on his team? 

People are shitting on Kravtsov saying he quit on his team... yet are in favor of Jimmy Vesey. A champion of quitting on 2 teams before entering the league.  

It seems a bit much for a reaction about this player that everyone has been counting on to make an impact after they drafted him . Now that he's getting the chance it's non stop bashing.  

Most of the forwards on the team looked like ass in preseason. The big money 2nd line center is playing like he's ready to retire.  Blais is hurt.. Again.  They still need a whole 4th line..  But we want to focus on Kravtsov and what supposedly happened last year? 

Nevermind that Gallant has been singing his praises. "DUDE HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM LAST YEAR AND I DON'T LIKE HIS FACE"... 

Can he play a handful of actual games before we decide he is a steaming pile of shit? The alternatives.. Just look at them... 

Edited by The Dude

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nah. 

Kinda had my ass handed to me back then for suggesting it. I brought it up at the start of last season too (no bylaws pertaining to Lafreniere) and got some shit for it.

Again.  Kravtsov has said to the media that most of what was said about him and his departure last season was mostly false.  Can we actually find out what happened before we keep saying he quit on his team? 

People are shitting on Kravtsov saying he quit on his team... yet are in favor of Jimmy Vesey. A champion of quitting on 2 teams before entering the league.  

It seems a bit much for a reaction about this player that everyone has been counting on to make an impact after they drafted him . Now that he's getting the chance it's non stop bashing.  

Most of the forwards on the team looked like ass in preseason. The big money 2nd line center is playing like he's ready to retire.  Blais is hurt.. Again.  They still need a whole 4th line..  But we want to focus on Kravtsov and what supposedly happened last year? 

Nevermind that Gallant has been singing his praises. "DUDE HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM LAST YEAR AND I DON'T LIKE HIS FACE"... 

Can he play a handful of actual games before we decide he is a steaming pile of shit? The alternatives.. Just look at them... 

Exactly. People wanna judge him on his pre season yet you have 10 year veterans who have sucked all pre season. Holding them to the same standards, or nah? 

Just so idiotic some want to give up on a really talented young kid after a few marginal pre season games, knowing people are talking about him constantly. People wanna say he quit on his team, yet he is here, took whatever shots the media wanted to give him, and he is working. Those who quit have already been traded.

Yeah..lets dump him for nothing but keep hunt.

Dumb

12 hours ago, Phil said:

I am amazed at how much you know about what actually happened. Cause its not like drury ever had some communication issues with others before... 

He came back, the team is pleased with him owning whatever parts he needed to own, and he is working. Yet here u r whining about him.

I bet if he scored 4 goals this pre season you wouldn't care.

I woild rather be crying about about expensive 2nd line center who looks like crap right now. Should he go to thr AHL to develop since he has looked bad? 

48 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

I am amazed at how much you know about what actually happened. Cause its not like drury ever had some communication issues with others before... 

He came back, the team is pleased with him owning whatever parts he needed to own, and he is working. Yet here u r whining about him.

I bet if he scored 4 goals this pre season you wouldn't care.

I woild rather be crying about about expensive 2nd line center who looks like crap right now. Should he go to thr AHL to develop since he has looked bad? 

I'd care very much, actually, because it would be confidence building that be can handle the role they envisioned for him. And it would be confidence building for the organizations lack of depth at RW. In reality, he's scored zero, and has inspired no one. He's on their fifth line despite being gifted a top-six role. A role he lost, because he's not ready. Because he's behind in his development by way of his own actions.

And no, Trocheck doesn't need to go to the AHL. What a silly comparison. I'm no VT Stan, but he's a veteran player with hundreds of NHL games under his belt, largely because—get this—he didn't quit on his teams. In fact, he played nearly 80 games over two seasons in the AHL earlier in his career while he figured it out.

The upset and the grudges with this kid from the fans is understandable.

However…. At this point, it’s in the past. It’s over. They’ve reconciled. He’s here. He’s not going anywhere just yet. He seems to have grown from it.

At the very least, he’s saying and seems to be doing the right things.

That said, his play this preseason has not been good. 

But in spite of it, he’s gonna be here for a bit. Short leash to be sure. What he does over the first 20-30 games is huge for him. 

Just now, Pete said:

What grudge?

The people that are saying he's had a crappy postseason are just stating a fact, it's got nothing to do with what he did last year. 

I’m not referring to anything specific on that. 
Just the idea that maybe some haven’t gotten past what he did a year ago.

That was all. 

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I’m not referring to anything specific on that. 
Just the idea that maybe some haven’t gotten past what he did a year ago.

That was all. 

I hear you... But you know what erases all the bad feelings? Scoring goals. 

Look, everyone wants Kravtsov to succeed. No one wants him to fail. That doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to point out why he’s is in such a poor position right now and how decisions he has made have only cemented his poor position now. 

the idea that his poor play should be treated exactly the same as established veterans in camp is just absolutely silly. Preseason and training camp is not the same for every player. Established NHLers use camps to fine tune their game, get accustomed to game speed, or new team, or linemates. Rookies and young players use the preseason to prove they deserve a spot on the club. They need performances to make their game impossible to ignore and give the coaching staff all the evidence they need to supplant an established player. 

Edited by Keirik

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I hear you... But you know what erases all the bad feelings? Scoring goals. 

I totally agree.

Kid has to make some things happen in the early going of the season. 

Still though… he’s played 20 games of NA pro and a handful of preseason games. I’m not willing to make a significant assessment  based on that. 

59 minutes ago, josh said:

Not waived but I still have that feeling he’s not going to be on the team.

Probably of his own doing, when he quits on them again.

As long as he's comfortable or accepting of probably not making the opening night roster, there's no reason to believe he won't be here. Even I don't think he's going to bail this fast. But the longer he stays a healthy scratch, the less confident I'll be he won't repeat his same routine.

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

If Kravtsov is overly concerned with what’s said about him on social media then he is even further behind the rest of the team in development than anyone could have predicted. 

It's not him that's overly concerned.  Read these comments here. The people saying he quit on his team. The ones adding to what he said -only one time- that what has been said is mostly false. 

Who's overly concerned? Not him. He's here. 

5 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

The upset and the grudges with this kid from the fans is understandable.

However…. At this point, it’s in the past. It’s over. They’ve reconciled. He’s here. He’s not going anywhere just yet. He seems to have grown from it.

At the very least, he’s saying and seems to be doing the right things.

That said, his play this preseason has not been good. 

But in spite of it, he’s gonna be here for a bit. Short leash to be sure. What he does over the first 20-30 games is huge for him. 

Yeah. This.