• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Robin Lehner to Miss Entire 22-23 Season

2 hours ago, josh said:

Wait, he’s been waiting around on surgery? 
lmao, this has been an issue since April. What’s he been doing?

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Probably hoping he could get by on just PT.  Gotta pull the plug at some point if its not working.  Agree though, surprised it took this long.

I think @SaveByRichter35 has it exactly right. Strome was "sitting around" on his pelvic injury, too, hoping that rest + rehab would be enough to avoid surgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I think @SaveByRichter35 has it exactly right. Strome was "sitting around" on his pelvic injury, too, hoping that rest + rehab would be enough to avoid surgery.

Looking it up, he had shoulder surgery at end of the season. 

that must have been what I was thinking. Sorry, I can’t keep track of all  his injuries and illnesses. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Now watch them LTIR him, then go out and get Varlamov, and be just fine. Meanwhile, the Isles will clear cap needed + whatever other moves, to sign Kadri.

Exactly what I was going to post. It just makes perfect sense. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

Looking it up, he had shoulder surgery at end of the season. 

that must have been what I was thinking. Sorry, I can’t keep track of all  his injuries and illnesses. 

Also, this seems to be the same procedure that Ben Bishop never came back from so I understand why he tried to just rehab it rather than operate. 

• Like 1