• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kings to Retire Dustin Brown's Number and Build a Statue of Him!?

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Kings to Retire Dustin Brown's Number and Build a Statue of Him!?

The statue is the bridge too far for me. I just don't get it. Good player. Key player for their Cups, but to immortalize the same player you stripped the captaincy from and nearly traded twice? Just feels like too high an honor for a good, not great player.

If the Rangers won two Cups, would we be walking past a Ryan Callahan statue to go into the Garden most nights? Seriously?

• Bullseye 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

The statue is the bridge too far for me. I just don't get it. Good player. Key player for their Cups, but to immortalize the same player you stripped the captaincy from and nearly traded twice? Just feels like too high an honor for a good, not great player.

If the Rangers won two Cups, would we be walking past a Ryan Callahan statue to go into the Garden most nights? Seriously?

That's why I'd be fine if they did a group statue of the "core 4" that brought the kings cups after 40 years of existence, but not a solo statue for any of them.

• VINNY! 1