• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Don't Sleep on Bobby Trivigno

Phil

As one scout put it, "His motor never stops running. He's got that internal engine."

"Being an undersized player, lighter weight, people don't think you can play in the NHL," he said. "Obviously, I believe differently."

Trivigno has been one of the standouts at development camp, with his blend of speed, craftiness and a nonstop work rate shining through among prospects with more pedigree and perceived upside.

Many of them have a leg up due to their draft placement, but the Rangers clearly value what Trivigno brings to the table. They "stayed on me," as he put it, and made a strong push to sign him as an undrafted college free agent last spring. He credited the organization's director of NCAA scouting, Jamie Herrington, as the leading man in that effort.

It wouldn't be wise to count him out, though − not given his track record of defying the odds. There seems to be an "it" factor about the kid from Long Island, which could land him with the Blueshirts at some point in the near future.

"It's a business," he said. "They're going to put the best players on the ice to win a hockey game. You just have to do your job and be one of those players. So, just be super resilient. I don't expect the coaches to give me anything. I expect to earn everything."

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2022/07/14/ny-rangers-development-camp-dont-sleep-on-bobby-trivigno/65373382007/

• Like 1

Love to see potentially him and Henriksson battle it out for a roster spot. I want that annoying speedster that’s always there every time you go to get the puck from the corner. 
i think that’s what people wanted/saw in Motte, but I want someone young, with something to prove. 

• Like 1