• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

David Quinn a Favorite for B̶r̶u̶i̶n̶s̶ Sharks Head Coaching Gig?

Phil

Good for him. Like I’ve said, my belief was he did good enough here to warrant another look at some point. And now it appears he’ll get it.

I don’t know if he was prepared to take us to the next level; he was learning how to adjust in this league when he was here as it was his first head coaching gig. I think it was time for the Rangers to get a more seasoned voice in the room. And no, I don’t think he was perfect; he definitely made some decisions that made you wipe your eyes. But what coach doesn’t?

Seemed like a good hockey guy, smart and I’m happy he’s getting another shot. The Sharks ain’t the apple of anyone’s eye, but there’s only so many head coaching jobs in this league. Good for him.

It's official and shit.

San Jose Sharks hire David Quinn

The San Jose Sharks hired David Quinn as their new head coach on Tuesday.

Quinn takes over for Bob Boughner, who the Sharks fired at the beginning of July, two months after the end of the regular season.

The new bench boss is here.

Say hello to #SJSharks Head Coach David Quinn! 👋 pic.twitter.com/JueT5LiLKE

— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) July 26, 2022

Boughner guided the Sharks for two and a half years, finishing outside the playoff picture for the third consecutive season, going 32-37-13 for 77 points.

Quinn, 55, was head coach of the New York Rangers for three seasons from 2018 to 2021, tallying a combined record of 96-87-25. His Rangers did not make the postseason in either his first or final season and fell to the Carolina Hurricanes in the qualifying round in 2020.

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX