• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is a Nils Lundkvist/Kirby Dach Trade an Option?

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

The 21-year-old posted only 26 points (nine goals and 17 assists) in 70 games last season, raising doubts about his development. He brings size (6-foot-4, 197 pounds) and has made progress defensively, including as a penalty killer, but the skill has yet to translate and his faceoff win rate is an abysmal 32.84%, which is already an area of weakness for the Rangers.

The chances of the 'Hawks parting with him are slim, but perhaps a two-for-one swap including Kravtsov and a young defenseman would tempt them as they look to restart their franchise. As an RFA, Dach's next deal is expected to land in the $2 million-to-$2.5 million range, which would be an ideal price point and worthwhile gamble for the Rangers.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2022/06/29/exploring-alternatives-ny-rangers-fill-their-need-center/7755618001/

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

This is much more realistic than PLD.

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Hard pass unless their is something else coming back in return that is worthwhile 

You're over-valuing Kravtsov. He's on a 1 year deal and a known malcontent. We'd be lucky to get Dach for him.

17 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I rather have Kravtsov come to camp and show what he's got than package him with one of our best trade chips for a center who doesn't solve any of our needs. 

*Now.

He's young and his faceoff issues have been linked to that horrific injury. He's low risk/high reward.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

*Now.

He's young and his faceoff issues have been linked to that horrific injury. He's low risk/high reward.

I agree, but head-to-head, and given the composition of the team, I don't think they're nearly as interested in this as they would be with Dubois, who is a much more proven win-now player.

Just now, Phil said:

I agree, but head-to-head, and given the composition of the team, I don't think they're nearly as interested in this as they would be with Dubois, who is a much more proven win-now player.

Obviously but there's a cost basis to consider.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

100%. Dach is more like what they have in Chytil right now. Time and promise.

Dubois is a signal that they're all in to win as soon as possible.

In terms of where they are, yes. In terms of style, Dach is more PLD. Use your size, play in traffic. That isn't really Chytil, at least on a consistent basis. And that makes all the difference.

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

In terms of where they are, yes. In terms of style, Dach is more PLD. Use your size, play in traffic. That isn't really Chytil, at least on a consistent basis. And that makes all the difference.

Sorry, yeah, not comparing style. Just age/salary position.

• Cheers 1