• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Lightning — Some People Pronounce it 'Win'

Phil

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ausman said:

Callahan is a damn good analyst.  He sees that the Rangers legs are gone.  Playing 7 game series back to back with no rest is taxing.  He talked about his experience when Rangers won two 7 game series then ran out of steam against Devils.

It killed us in 2012. We were better than every team we played or were lined up to play. Letting Ottawa take us to 7 was a joke. We had the Caps dead like 18 times. Both went 7. We had nothing left for a good NJ team that we were superior to.

I hope these kids see you need to leave gas for yourself. Can’t always just be backs against the wall, time to show up!

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

The league don't want anything. The refs are just pussies that don't want to "influence the game" by calling a potential game deciding penalty in the 3rd period of a close game, no matter how obvious it is.

We should've had 3 PP's the last 25-30 minutes, but the refs was pussies. Tampa know that. Again, experience wins.

• Keeps it 100 1

Buncha quitters in here tonight. 

this team likes to be the under dog. How many come from behind wins did they have this year/this playoffs? 

come on I’m usually the glass half empty guy but you’re nuts if you don’t think this team still has a chance. 

• Believe 1

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Tampa is so disciplined they've committed 1 2 many men penalty and 1 other penalty in 2 games. right. Doens't excuse the shit bag NYR effort, but, WTF.

They actually committed 2 of those too many men on the ice tonight, only one got called

Just now, siddious said:

Buncha quitters in here tonight. 

this team likes to be the under dog. How many come from behind wins did they have this year/this playoffs? 

come on I’m usually the glass half empty guy but you’re nuts if you don’t think this team still has a chance. 

I want to. I really do. But man they look exhausted. We were gifted a lead and to be honest, I really just don’t think we come back from that insane Strome blunder.

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Hard stop....TB/Col will get shit ratings outside of TB and Colorado.  

No doubt, but perhaps the league wants a potential dynasty from one of their Florida teams. A 'non traditional' hockey market. But overall, the Rangers kind of hurt themselves the most anyway.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I want to. I really do. But man they look exhausted. We were gifted a lead and to be honest, I really just don’t think we come back from that insane Strome blunder.

Yea they’re def tired. But gotta have hope.

then again…..

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Wes Mccauley should have his tires slashed any time he works a game at MSG 

Yea, im not big on the refs trying to screw the rangers stuff...but ide put money theyd call this for tampa

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Two plays distilled this game:

1.  The Rangers try to create a work of art goal, and it doesn't even result in a shot.

2.  Minutes later, for the second time, the Bolts create traffic. Sergechev lobs the puck through it, and it finds the net.

How many times did the Bolts try to create work of art goals, and how many times did the Rangers create traffic and shoot the puck through it?

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No doubt, but perhaps the league wants a potential dynasty from one of their Florida teams. A 'non traditional' hockey market. But overall, the Rangers kind of hurt themselves the most anyway.

By this thinking then lets just give TB the Cup now and not play the SCF since the NHL wants TB to be a dynasty.  When/if they lose vs. Colorado then what will the conspiracy theory be?  

But no seriously that miller hooking call… might be the worst penalty I’ve ever seen called in hockey at any level. Can’t even say ref didn’t get a good look at it or whatever it’s just someone not good at their job. Had no impact on the score or game, just a horrendous example of todays officiating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

By this thinking then lets just give TB the Cup now and not play the SCF since the NHL wants TB to be a dynasty.  When/if they lose vs. Colorado then what will the conspiracy theory be?  

No conspiracy. They will just have lost. They're still getting the chance to play for it again.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

Two plays distilled this game:

1.  The Rangers try to create a work of art goal, and it doesn't even result in a shot.

2.  Minutes later, for the second time, the Bolts create traffic. Sergechev lobs the puck through it, and it finds the net.

How many times did the Bolts try to create work of art goals, and how many times did the Rangers create traffic and shoot the puck through it?

Fair. If you could trade Panarin for a Tkachuk brother between now and Saturday, groovy. But you fight a war with the army you have. It's been that way all year. As talented as he is, what he's good at gets more negligible as you go further in the postseason. If you don't take the beating in the slot, it is not gonna work in the playoffs. Turns bck into 1978 hockey in the postseason.  Bolts and everyone else has seen the tape. Tuesday in Febuary vs. Winnipeg, great. But this is the hard game, you gotta break your ass and take a beating. Panarin isn't that guy until proven otherwise(and would love to eat those words Saturday and beyond). Breaks in over the left side, curls back along the wall, and again, Febraury night, some 2nd pair D gives you room. May, June, not happening. Drury knows this better than anyone. 

Just now, ausman said:

Once this is over, I think you’re going to hear how hobbled this team really was by the time we got into this series.

EVERYBODY is hobbled. If you get a jersey, tough shit. That's the job. 

• Keeps it 100 3