• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22: Jack Adams Award Finalists — Gerard Gallant Named

Phil

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Andrew Brunette
    • Gerard Gallant
    • Darryl Sutter

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I'd love for Gallant to win it, but I think Sutter will take it. The Flames were a machine this year.

Same sentiment here. CGY had an even bigger points gained differential from 2020/21 to 2021/22 than the Rangers and that team was just a juggernaut for large stretches of the season. I don't see how Sutter doesn't win this, he completely transformed the mentality of that squad. 

• Bullseye 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say. One moment stuck out to me, I forget what goal it was in Pitssburgh series, but I think it was the go ahead in Gm6. They showed the bench, and he didn't even flinch. Just put his head down and looked at his lineup card.

I like that very steady hand. There's zero panic in this guy. Each type of coach has a place, and after a heavy handed Quinn, it must be refreshing to have a guy that simply backs you to the hilt, and who you know will never throw you under the bus.

Xs and Os are important, but it's hockey, it's not football, it's not baseball. Their value has a limit. Equally important in this game is an absolute esprit de corps. An unshakable bond between men that can sustain you through the darkest hours, and is present when your best land plans blow up in your face.

No coach lasts forever, but this is the right guy for the job, right now, and he's proved it.

• Applause 3
  • Keeps it 100 2

They can announce the messier and the rehab award this way, but I still wish real awards had some type of ceremony/recognition. This is the equivalent of a commercial during intermission. 

Just as I expected. I wasn't even surprised that Gallant finished third in voting? Brunette took over a team after that Quenneville disaster and led them to a great season. Gallant has gotten plenty of love around the league for what he's done with the Rangers. No Rangers coach has ever won that award before, so it would have been cool to see him get it in his first year. The future here is very bright, and I don't think this will be his last nomination.

• Phil locked this topic