• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Cash Out or Not? Need Opinions

So I have a call to make and wanted to solicit opinions. Tossed $200 on Metro Division win when Rangers were +1600 last week of March. Offer to cash out bet is currently $1,000. Total payout would be $3,400 if it hits.

Canes get the Jets tonight, and Isles are always a tricky team for us. It says a lot that we're playing so well and are so far ahead of them in the standings, and we're only -130 on the moneyline tonight.

I'm torn: my fandom is warring with common sense. $1,000 is a lot of money. But how often do you have a realistic shot of hitting a +1600 bet? Problem is Canes have much easier strength of schedule and hold basically every tiebreaker at the moment. However, they end the season on a road trip, we end it on a 3-game home stand.

What say you? Bird in the hand mentality, or f**k Vegas and LGR mentality?

27 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

So I have a call to make and wanted to solicit opinions. Tossed $200 on Metro Division win when Rangers were +1600 last week of March. Offer to cash out bet is currently $1,000. Total payout would be $3,400 if it hits.

Canes get the Jets tonight, and Isles are always a tricky team for us. It says a lot that we're playing so well and are so far ahead of them in the standings, and we're only -130 on the moneyline tonight.

I'm torn: my fandom is warring with common sense. $1,000 is a lot of money. But how often do you have a realistic shot of hitting a +1600 bet? Problem is Canes have much easier strength of schedule and hold basically every tiebreaker at the moment. However, they end the season on a road trip, we end it on a 3-game home stand.

What say you? Bird in the hand mentality, or f**k Vegas and LGR mentality?

You make use of Murphy's Law to the team's advantage.  You know that if you cash out now, the Rangers will go on and win the Metro.  So take the $1K and help the team win.    {If you hold out for the bigger payout, Murphy's law will kick you and the Rangers in the ass.}

• Phil changed the title to Cash Out or Not? Need Opinions