• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sports Conspiracy Theories You Completely Believe: Non-Hockey Edition

Phil

Same as the hockey version, except not hockey. Was Michael Jordan's first retirement a secret ban for gambling? Did the NBA rig the '85 draft to bring Ewing to the Knicks? Did the NFL destroy evidence of "Spygate" to protect the Patriots?

Hit us with your best.

• TroCheckmark 1

The NFL and the refs hate the Jets and regularly "miss" calls on opposing players if the Jets are involved.

The NBA loves superteams as long as the team is in a large market city and could care less about parity for teams in smaller markets and less relevant cities (the consistent futility of the Timberwolves, Kings and Hornets at least in my lifetime for example).

16 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

The NFL and the refs hate the Jets and regularly "miss" calls on opposing players if the Jets are involved.

The NBA loves superteams as long as the team is in a large market city and could care less about parity for teams in smaller markets and less relevant cities (the consistent futility of the Timberwolves, Kings and Hornets at least in my lifetime for example).

Well they are not a "superteam", but there is a good team in Milwaukee. If the theory holds true that the NBA favors winners in large markets then the I would think that the Bucks would have already been forced to move Antetokounmpo, and the league would be working to help the Knicks who have been a near dumpster fire since 2001 become relevant again

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Pete Rose...

Dude should be in the Hall of Fame! 

Well I don't think its a conspiracy. The guy did gamble and Giamatta was forced to kick him out. Manfried I believe would allow Rose back if he was to put forth the effort and make amends, which up to this point he really hasn't.

He will get in, but sadly I believe it will come after he is gone and most of the people who were the writers and people associated with removing him are gone as well

Edited by I am Scags

23 minutes ago, I am Scags said:

Well I don't think its a conspiracy. The guy did gamble and Giamatta was forced to kick him out. Manfried I believe would allow Rose back if he was to put forth the effort and make amends, which up to this point he really hasn't.

He will get in, but sadly I believe it will come after he is gone and most of the people who were the writers and people associated with removing him are gone as well

There's the conspiracy, Scags.  😉

OJ cut his wife's head off, and he's in the Hall of Fame!  LOL

• LOL 1

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There's the conspiracy, Scags.  😉

OJ cut his wife's head off, and he's in the Hall of Fame!  LOL

haha true 😁

And the same can be said for the steroid guys. I don't know what your opinion or others is on the ethics of their use of PEDs, but for me guys like Bonds and Clemens no matter what we may think of their character, these men are hall of famers thru and thru, end of story

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I am Scags said:

haha true 😁

And the same can be said for the steroid guys. I don't know what your opinion or others is on the ethics of their use of PEDs, but for me guys like Bonds and Clemens no matter what we may think of their character, these men are hall of famers thru and thru, end of story

I'm with ya Scags!!!  😃