• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Will Smith Just Smacked the Shit Out of Chris Rock at the Oscars

Phil

2 minutes ago, br-avery said:

It's not hard to stage, even the camera cutting to Will Smith cursing him out after

It's not unfathomable 

no chance. If you have been following Will over the last few years, he's on a downward spiral. No chance he'd be an active participant in a staging like this.

Just now, josh said:

no chance. If you have been following Will over the last few years, he's on a downward spiral. No chance he'd be an active participant in a staging like this.

lol....I know he's been going off the rails a little and you could be right but with Hollywood nowadays,I'm just saying you never know.

46 minutes ago, br-avery said:

lol....I know he's been going off the rails a little and you could be right but with Hollywood nowadays,I'm just saying you never know.

If this was a Hollywood stunt, they would have remade something from the 80s or 90s

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Rock made no effort to defend himself.  He just took the slap.  It was so staged to get people to tune into the show to boost its rating for the night.

I'm not so sure. It's a 3 hour show and this happened with around 50 minutes left, IIRC? That's now how you drum up publicity.

Also, you can tell from the Japanese feed that this was (even if planned), completely unscripted. As far as Rock not defending himself, I mean who thinks Will Smith will actually slap them on live TV.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not so sure. It's a 3 hour show and this happened with around 50 minutes left, IIRC? That's now how you drum up publicity.

Also, you can tell from the Japanese feed that this was (even if planned), completely unscripted. As far as Rock not defending himself, I mean who thinks Will Smith will actually slap them on live TV.

Fair enough, wasn't watching so I didn't know it was that late.  

• Cheers 1

The conspiracy theories are out, and I like this one

https://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/pfizer-and-biontech-take-hollywood-they-sponsor-oscars#:~:text=“Pfizer and BioNTech are proud,spokesperson told Fierce Pharma Marketing

Oscar-winning actor Will Smith slapping comedian Chris Rock made the biggest headlines out of the Oscars Sunday night. But the sponsorship from Pfizer and COVID shot partner BioNTech was for the pharma marketing world a bigger moment.

The vaccine-making pair, which teamed up two years ago and produced the world’s biggest-selling product last year in Comirnaty, their COVID-19 shot, joined forces again to sponsor the biggest night in Hollywood.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-announces-positive-top-line-results-phase-2b3-trial

Pfizer Announces Positive Top-Line Results from Phase 2b/3 Trial of Ritlecitinib in Alopecia Areata.

"Buy Ritlecitinib if you don't want to get mad like Will". I can already see the commercials.

• LMFAO 1

22 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Rock made no effort to defend himself.  He just took the slap.  It was so staged to get people to tune into the show to boost its rating for the night.

Nah. He wasn't expecting to get seriously hit. Who would? Probably thought it was going to be a joking headlock or thst Will would jokingly spar with him.