• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Have Inquired on Filip Forsberg

BrooksBurner

2 hours ago, Phil said:

They absolutely can't. He's also a LW. I'm not sure he's ever played the right in his career. Great player, but it's a misfit.

I believe he has in his younger days but predominantly LW. Regardless, as you said, a bad fit that would cost more than worth due to that poor fit. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, yeah. Like I said. 

Guess not.

Meaning, "yeah I was wrong".  Thanks for double confirming that one. That had to be done. 

Bro, I’m just giving you confirmation with a statistic attached. Is there a problem? To be honest, I though5 he played C in the past too before checking because yahoo fantasy used to always have him all 3 fwd positions eligible.

19 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Bro, I’m just giving you confirmation with a statistic attached. Is there a problem? To be honest, I though5 he played C in the past too before checking because yahoo fantasy used to always have him all 3 fwd positions eligible.

"So I'd say not much C at all in his life"

Seriously reads like

"So I'd say not much C at all in his life (duh)."

Seriously. It comes off as very condescending and trying to shit on what I said. A very matter of factly addition to something that had already been cleared up. 

Edited by The Dude

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"So I'd say not much C at all in his life"

Seriously reads like

"So I'd say not much C at all in his life (duh)."

Seriously. It comes off as very condescending and trying to shit on what I said. A very matter of factly addition to something that had already been cleared up. 

LOL wut. It comes off as "yeah he's played so little this is statistical evidence of how little." I'm not trying to shit on a thing. Lighten up. We won a big game today. 

Predators wing Filip Forsberg is the latest big name to be bandied about the trade market and a league source said the Rangers have inquired with Nashville on the high-scoring forward who is a pending UFA. Nashville GM David Poile did this same dance with defenseman Mattias Ekholm leading up to the deadline last year and ultimately signed Ekholm to a four-year deal.

Sources said the Preds want to keep Forsberg and that this may just be part of the negotiation in case there’s no deal by March 21. But this would be a high-cost rental for the Rangers and you’re looking at least $8-million per on Forsberg’s next contract — very rich for yet another winger who has mostly played the left side in his career.

Someone to keep an eye on but this feels like a longer shot than most of the names connected to the Rangers so far.

https://theathletic.com/3149312/2022/02/24/five-quick-thoughts-on-the-rangers-commanding-win/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

I assume it would only be as a rental, and the phone call was probably short. Another team is going to pay a king’s ransom for him with an agreement on extension in place, if he actually gets traded.

Yeah, effectively gauging what the cost might be, or if the Preds are resigned to trading him. As we've discussed already, it's a misfit unless he can play RW as effectively as he does LW.

15 hours ago, Keirik said:

LOL wut. It comes off as "yeah he's played so little this is statistical evidence of how little." I'm not trying to shit on a thing. Lighten up. We won a big game today. 

Something that didn't need clarification as someone already cleared it up. But yeah. Thanks.