• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rupp: The New York Rangers Will Win a Stanley Cup in the Next Four Years

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rupp: The New York Rangers Will Win a Stanley Cup in the Next Four Years

I don't know what "ahead of schedule" means when you're getting no contribution from your "rebuild" players. It's been veterans pulling most of the weight, then Fox and Shesty the youth movement...Lindgren, maybe throw Miller in...jury still out on Schneider.

But Chytil, Laf, Kakko, VK, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Nils....the fruits of "the letter"...are not ahead of schedule or part of the success. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know what "ahead of schedule" means when you're getting no contribution from your "rebuild" players. It's been veterans pulling most of the weight, then Fox and Shesty the youth movement...Lindgren, maybe throw Miller in...jury still out on Schneider.

But Chytil, Laf, Kakko, VK, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Nils....the fruits of "the letter"...are not ahead of schedule or part of the success. 

lol yeah i get the excitement at the team doing well but this talk is nonsense. The games are being won by our elite players and we have zero depth contribution save for maybe Goodrow scoring big goals occasionally and that one Reaves game. Need to have that to win unless we're getting superhuman goaltending every game in April.

The thing I keep thinking is, can you imagine how good this team would be if even just Kakko and Laf could start producing at some level at all?  You guys know I root hard for these guys every night, and I really wanna see them become stars, but calling it like it is....if this team is going to be a contender, these 2 are going to have to produce, and that's all there is to it.

There's really no more excuses at this point.  We've seen some flashes of brilliance, but the playoffs don't call for that.  The playoffs are tough, and they're for real.  If they're going to step up, then there's no more fucking around.  Now the time to get their shit together and show us they belong.

Schneider looks like he's going to be the real deal.  I like him already, and he shows me some pretty good instinctive defenseman characteristics.

I fucking give up on Chytil....I have no use for him whatsoever.

• Keeps it 100 3

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The thing I keep thinking is, can you imagine how good this team would be if even just Kakko and Laf could start producing at some level at all?  You guys know I root hard for these guys every night, and I really wanna see them become stars, but calling it like it is....if this team is going to be a contender, these 2 are going to have to produce, and that's all there is to it.

There's really no more excuses at this point.  We've seen some flashes of brilliance, but the playoffs don't call for that.  The playoffs are tough, and they're for real.  If they're going to step up, then there's no more fucking around.  Now the time to get their shit together and show us they belong.

Schneider looks like he's going to be the real deal.  I like him already, and he shows me some pretty good instinctive defenseman characteristics.

I fucking give up on Chytil....I have no use for him whatsoever.

Yeah. Same.

It's not really an unreasonable expectation to think those two could take enough of a step in the second half of the season to give us some of that depth scoring we've so desperately needed. The evidence hasn't supported it, but they're still so frigging young. 

Chytil can fuck off back to Kladno.

• VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Yeah. Same.

It's not really an unreasonable expectation to think those two could take enough of a step in the second half of the season to give us some of that depth scoring we've so desperately needed. The evidence hasn't supported it, but they're still so frigging young. 

Chytil can fuck off back to Kladno.

It kills me, G!  And I know they're just babies, but this is the burden they have taken on. 

I really hope they can hit that stride in the second half and show us, or at least give us hope that they can be solid playoff performers going forward.  I honestly don't know what to expect from them in a playoff scenario....I don't even think they do! 

We will find out though!  These kids have to learn in a trial by fire basis, which suits me fine! 

But...

....Show me! 

....Show me I should believe!! 

....Give me something to say that this is the team I can now go to war with and win a 7 game series with.

Now's the time!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

It kills me, G!  And I know they're just babies, but this is the burden they have taken on. 

I really hope they can hit that stride in the second half and show us, or at least give us hope that they can be solid playoff performers going forward.  I honestly don't know what to expect from them in a playoff scenario....I don't even think they do! 

We will find out though!  These kids have to learn in a trial by fire basis, which suits me fine! 

But...

....Show me! 

....Show me I should believe!! 

....Give me something to say that this is the team I can now go to war with and win a 7 game series with.

Now's the time!

In the immortal words of Whitney Houston - "There can be miracles, when you believe"

• VINNY! 1

39 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Feels like we're getting the kiss of death these last few days.

It really does lol.

Yeah the team is young and good, but there's a lot of young good teams in the league. We have cap troubles already before the "window is open", we have some obvious holes and we're not going anywhere as long as all our forward prospects turns into dog shit.

There's easy to see "the path" to the cup. Elite goalie, elite D man, Panarin, Mika, Kreids. But you need a complete team with a lot of luck. No matter how good this team turns out to be they're gonna need a few bounces and some luck.

Collecting cups already now is kinda stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Once KK and Laf start lighting it up, that's when the rangers win.  in the next year or two?  

With 32 teams now, there are going to 6-8 real contenders at any given moment, and your year may just not happen.  You can have a team poised to win a cup, like the Rangers in 1997 and 2015, and then suffer too many injuries in the playoffs.  We'll see.  Filling holes becomes very difficult cap wise starting next year.  I think an objective oddsmaker might say we have a 45 percent chance of winning the cup in the next four years.

Rupp never says anything negative about anyone.  Every trade is good for both sides.  Things are looking up for just about everyone.   Blah, blah, blah.  That's state controlled NHL Tonight media.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I dunno man, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Our highest-rated prospects are not producing yet and we're still 1st in the division. We still have a Norris winner. We still have a Hart and Vezina candidate. Our D is 2/3 "fruits of our rebuild" as you said. 

If Laf and Kakko can amount to anything, we'll only be better -- which again, we're in 1st. 

And if they don't they can be moved for someone who will, because they have enough pedigree that someone will want them.

We're ahead of schedule in that we bottomed out and bounced back in 3 years. I'm not sure if there are any other teams who've done this.

Edited by ThirtyONE

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

With 32 teams now, there are going to 6-8 real contenders at any given moment, and your year may just not happen.  You can have a team poised to win a cup, like the Rangers in 1997 and 2015, and then suffer too many injuries in the playoffs.  We'll see.  Filling holes becomes very difficult cap wise starting next year.  I think an objective oddsmaker might say we have a 45 percent chance of winning the cup in the next four years.

Rupp never says anything negative about anyone.  Every trade is good for both sides.  Things are looking up for just about everyone.   Blah, blah, blah.  That's state controlled NHL Tonight media.

Funny how someone can say something nice about the team we love and still be shit on, lol

36 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I dunno man, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Our highest-rated prospects are not producing yet and we're still 1st in the division. We still have a Norris winner. We still have a Hart and Vezina candidate. Our D is 2/3 "fruits of our rebuild" as you said. 

If Laf and Kakko can amount to anything, we'll only be better -- which again, we're in 1st. 

And if they don't they can be moved for someone who will, because they have enough pedigree that someone will want them.

We're ahead of schedule in that we bottomed out and bounced back in 3 years. I'm not sure if there are any other teams who've done this.

I guess I just don't understand why there needed to be a letter and have this big publicized "rebuild" to end up being led by normal trades, UFAs, and other acquisitions done outside the fire sale...Nor do I see how it makes us "ahead of schedule". As far as rebuilds go, this wasn't much of one when you're getting nil contributions from your own picks.