• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#41) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Into the Storm

Phil

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Has to be one of Fox’ worst games

He and Lindgren have been terrible.

To be perfectly honest, this is two games in a row they’ve looked lousy. I know it’s easy to forget when Fox pots 2 and helps on another. But all in all, they’ve had two pretty crappy games in a row.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Listen, we could have had Martin Brodeur in his prime and we’d still get walked out of the building tonight.

That being said, this is why you do not start your backup goalie against teams like this. I mean, come on.

Agree with the first paragraph, but not with the second.

Five goals against the not one of them is on the goalie. If you're starting Igor it's because you rely on superhuman goaltending to even sniff a chance to win...

And yeah, you're not going to get superhuman goaltending every night.

Maybe there's some 4D chest going on right now where Gallant is showing them that they can't rely on goaltending to win.

Not a lot to say. I was impressed with Carolina before this game. I’m even more impressed 40 minutes in. They can really come at you every which way. Not a whole lot of top end talent. But enough plus perfect depth. They fly.

I will say this though, as a fan of Ranger teams who played similarly in years past: long term (as in long term this season), you do need to have some worry about fatigue later on down the line.

My point? If we do have to see this team, hopefully it’s later on down the line. Don’t know what else to say.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agree with the first paragraph, but not with the second.

Five goals against the not one of them is on the goalie. If you're starting Igor it's because you rely on superhuman goaltending to even sniff a chance to win...

And yeah, you're not going to get superhuman goaltending every night.

Maybe there's some 4D chest going on right now where Gallant is showing them that they can't rely on goaltending to win.

My only reasoning is I would like Igor to feel this heat. He is who we’re going to be riding later on. I’d rather him get a taste now as opposed to baptism by fire later on.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Not a lot to say. I was impressed with Carolina before this game. I’m even more impressed 40 minutes in. They can really come at you every which way. Not a whole lot of top end talent. But enough plus perfect depth. They fly.

I will say this though, as a fan of Ranger teams who played similarly in years past: long term (as in long term this season), you do need to have some worry about fatigue later on down the line.

My point? If we do have to see this team, hopefully it’s later on down the line. Don’t know what else to say.

Agreed, but there's a pretty good chance they play them in round 1, I think, once all the games are caught up. 

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I actually think Georgiev has been pretty good. He's made some fantastic saves. Carolina has to have 15 Grade A scoring chances through two periods.

Yeah I’m not pinning this one on Georgiev. The entire lineup has been dogshit in front of him. It’s a good thing they are seeing this now because this is going to show them exactly what they need to do to win in tough games.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Dunny said:

Agreed, but there's a pretty good chance they play them in round 1, I think, once all the games are caught up. 

If I had to make a prediction, yeah I’d say Carolina grabs the 1 seed. But, listen, they’re boiling hot right now. But they can hit a rut. Who knows? But if I had to guess, I’d say them 1. And then it’s on us to snag the 2 or 3 to avoid them.

This team looks like it’s playing playoff hockey already.

Thats a good thing. But could also wear them down over the long run.

Just now, pws85nyr said:

41 games is enough of a sample size Drury. Have the balls to send Kakko to the AHL like Lundqvist. Admit we were wrong. Then move on to Nemeth & Miller, Chytl and Lafreniere.

Sure, but these are all the individuals all the roster changes were made around. To make room for these guys. There's no cavalry coming.

2 minutes ago, pws85nyr said:

41 games is enough of a sample size Drury. Have the balls to send Kakko to the AHL like Lundqvist. Admit we were wrong. Then move on to Nemeth & Miller, Chytl and Lafreniere.

They can't afford to. Not even because of the PR nightmare that would ensue, but because their next best RW is like... Dryden Hunt?

They've got no choice with him but to continue to wait, and in the meantime, they need to make a trade.

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Sure, but these are all the individuals all the roster changes were made around. To make room for these guys. There's no cavalry coming.

Then we are in deep shit long term.

Definition of insanity and all that, there comes a point where you admit you were wrong and deal with it.

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

My only reasoning is I would like Igor to feel this heat. He is who we’re going to be riding later on. I’d rather him get a taste now as opposed to baptism by fire later on.

I don't know, half the board is saying he should win the MVP and Vez... Has he not been tested enough? Then why is he up for awards?