• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Heavily Pursuing Potential Trade for J.T. Miller

34 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I feel like, even with 50% retained, not that Vancouver should have any real interest in that given they need to re-sign Boesser and still fill out their lineup, we still can't fit Miller and Strome. 

But even if he's the replacement, he's only signed for one more year. Will we have caproom in 23-24 to resign him? If Strome can be re-signed for not much more than Miller is currently getting, you don't make this trade

JT miller at 50% would be 2,6m a year. That's Nemeth or Chytil money. No problem dumping either/both of them.

That said, I don't see a world where we get Miller with 50% retention. Would need Schneider, Kravtsov, 1st +, and I'm not interested in that.

• VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

JT miller at 50% would be 2,6m a year. That's Nemeth or Chytil money. No problem dumping either/both of them.

That said, I don't see a world where we get Miller with 50% retention. Would need Schneider, Kravtsov, 1st +, and I'm not interested in that.

I mean, yeah I guess it depends what we give up, but, at the end of the day, we already have under 10 mil to resign Strome, Kakko, a backup goalie and to just overall fill out the roster.

2.6 will be an important chunk of change

The number of insiders we can actually believe can be counted on one hand with a few fingers left over.  There are quite a few bloggers I really like, but they throw as much shit against the wall to see what sticks as I do. I like the reads and te debate, but take 99% of it with a grain of salt. 

At the end of the day friends, the only unimpeachable source we have is Larry Brooks. 

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

The number of insiders we can actually believe can be counted on one hand with a few fingers left over.  There are quite a few bloggers I really like, but they throw as much shit against the wall to see what sticks as I do. I like the reads and te debate, but take 99% of it with a grain of salt. 

At the end of the day friends, the only unimpeachable source we have is Larry Brooks. 

I think we found Larry' account!

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 1
  • VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I can't be the only person who thinks the world of his sources and impeccable reporting.  

I'm a.... I mean Larry, is a critical cog in the fan experience in following this club. Dan Boyle is also a dickface.   

Edited by Flynn
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

If the Canucks trade JT Miller and retain 50%, they have $12.6mil in cap space to re-sign Brock Boeser, replace JT Miller's production, find a new starting goaltender, and then find four other forwards and a defenseman to fill out the roster. Luckily for them Boeser is having a very mediocre year, but I don't think they would want to put themselves in a cap crunch unless the returning assets are over the moon.

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

If the Canucks trade JT Miller and retain 50%, they have $12.6mil in cap space to re-sign Brock Boeser, replace JT Miller's production, find a new starting goaltender, and then find four other forwards and a defenseman to fill out the roster. Luckily for them Boeser is having a very mediocre year, but I don't think they would want to put themselves in a cap crunch unless the returning assets are over the moon.

Would you trade Kakko or Laf in a real hockey trade that brings Miller and Boeser? 

13 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

So JT Miller @50% for Georgiev, Chytil, Hunt, Pajuniemi, Brodzinski and Hajek?

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

This is when we can bring up Horvat, instead. 

What's appealing about Miller is an additional season at 2.52 (or whatever 50% is), he plays wing a d C, up and down the line up, wins draws, and kills penalties. His production is secondary and most likely unsustainable with less ice time and PP in NY. That needs to be taken into consideration when dealing away assets. 

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Heavily Pursuing Potential Trade for J.T. Miller

quantity doesnt equal quality. I dont think they just do the trade to take away our spare parts

12 mil will get eaten up fast for them. Assume Boesser wants to get close to Peterson money, it still only leaves between 5-6 mil to bring in 5 forwards (only have 8 signed on their current squad next year) and at least one defenseman. Even if Boesser does take a cheaper short term deal, the numbers get pretty tight.

that OEL trade is going to kill them for a long time

35 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Demko?

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

First, the math is bang-on here. We can afford a 2.6M cap hit for Miller AND Strome, unless Strome wants true market value. Which, let's be honest, is always the variable in the Strome conversations regardless of everything else.

Miller's value has everything to do with two things: can they keep him for the meaningful years (probably no), and is he viewed as replaceable in the locker room (probably yes - he's a great voice when he's not visibly annoyed at ownership). Vancouver's well served having a ticket in the Shane Wright derby, the only real "loss" for them is already realized (burning a year of that Pettersson deal), and let's face it, nobody is going to give them more than we will. We're not moving Schneider - but we could move a key prospect or a young guy like Chytil.

21 minutes ago, G1000 said:

First, the math is bang-on here. We can afford a 2.6M cap hit for Miller AND Strome, unless Strome wants true market value. Which, let's be honest, is always the variable in the Strome conversations regardless of everything else.

Miller's value has everything to do with two things: can they keep him for the meaningful years (probably no), and is he viewed as replaceable in the locker room (probably yes - he's a great voice when he's not visibly annoyed at ownership). Vancouver's well served having a ticket in the Shane Wright derby, the only real "loss" for them is already realized (burning a year of that Pettersson deal), and let's face it, nobody is going to give them more than we will. We're not moving Schneider - but we could move a key prospect or a young guy like Chytil.

Seems Wright is destined for MTL, you don't hire Brucy BBQ to lose games...

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

I can't be the only person who thinks the world of his sources and impeccable reporting.  

I'm a.... I mean Larry, is a critical cog in the fan experience in following this club. Dan Boyle is also a dickface.   

Well played, sir!!  LOL

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Seems Wright is destined for MTL, you don't hire Brucy BBQ to lose games...

Maybe so, but as things stand, Vancouver is 7 points out of a playoff spot and has two in hand on the nearest team; that's not to mention that Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg all have three in hand minimum on Vancouver AND more points.

It's not sell time just yet, but there's certainly a decision coming within the next few weeks.

19 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

This conversation is hilarious thinking about just keeping Buchnevich at the onset of this year......

5 minutes ago, G1000 said:

If Buchnevich would sign for 2.5m, we wouldn't have even bothered with the "keep or not" conversation.

There's also a little different playing style to consider....