• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Reilly Smith is 'a Matter of Cost,'

Phil

6 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I know we've been depleted of late, but the article contains a lot of staggering stats.  That a team with Panarin, Zib, Fox and CK has fewer 5-5 goals than Seattle may be the most damning.  What's up!?!

I can tell you what's not up, Sod: "Shots on goal"...this team needs to fire pucks on goal, and stop fucking around passing all the time....Makes me wanna kick the screen! LOL

18 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I know we've been depleted of late, but the article contains a lot of staggering stats.  That a team with Panarin, Zib, Fox and CK has fewer 5-5 goals than Seattle may be the most damning.  What's up!?!

Well, you mentioned 4 out of the 5 that makes the PP "save the day".

What's up is that the rest of the team is not really good. Kakko sucks, Hunt sucks, the entire 3rd line sucks and the 4th line sucks if its not Blais/Reaves-Rooney-Goodrow. The forward depth sucks. Miller (kinda) sucks, the 3rd pair sucks, our backup goalie sucks. There's a lot of sucking here unfortunately.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well, you mentioned 4 out of the 5 that makes the PP "save the day".

What's up is that the rest of the team is not really good. Kakko sucks, Hunt sucks, the entire 3rd line sucks and the 4th line sucks if its not Blais/Reaves-Rooney-Goodrow. The forward depth sucks. Miller (kinda) sucks, the 3rd pair sucks, our backup goalie sucks. There's a lot of sucking here unfortunately.

You know, I was thinking similarly watching the game the other night. I was like, "Man, this team really has quite a bit of dead weight on it". lol

37 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

just hanging out until that PP unit goes out.

"It's successful, why would you change anything?"

9 hours ago, G1000 said:

I'm going to ask what I think is the critical question with Reilly Smith: Why the fuck is Vegas trading any of that Karlsson line out of desperation? Sure, Eichel's imminent, but Pacioretty is out for a while here too. They missed Stone for a month+. They already had Pacioretty out earlier this year. FAM's cap hit is on LTIR too.

Based on the accruals and timelines and what-not, they probably need 5M in space to "activate" Eichel.  Why aren't they just calling up the Coyotes and offering a pick to take, say, Dadonov? He stinks, he makes as much as Reilly Smith, and the Coyotes don't have enough contracts in the org next season to ice a team. 

LOL.. What's Dadonovs contract look like? He'd be an improvement over the Rangers  RW dilemma.  

Jeez. It's almost as if they should have kept. ... ahh Nevermind 

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

We are still good. Record don't lie that much. That doesn't mean we are contender level great. 🙂

I guess one could say they are good despite being mediocre in every statistical category aside from overall record and power play...one could...I wouldn't 😂

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess one could say they are good despite being mediocre in every statistical category aside from overall record and power play...one could...I wouldn't 😂

Yeah, as long as you also add 4th best pk % in the league and 4th best goals against per game in the league. 🙂 

we just ain’t gonna agree on this. 

11 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, as long as you also add 4th best pk % in the league and 4th best goals against per game in the league. 🙂 

we just ain’t gonna agree on this. 

Yea, I mean I think I mentioned this...They rely on stellar goaltending and the PP. Everything else is ... not good.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea, I mean I think I mentioned this...They rely on stellar goaltending and the PP. Everything else is ... not good.

He just said the PK is 4th in the league. So a top top PP and PK + arguably the leagues best goalie and defender in the league is often enough to make a team atleast "good".

It's like you're just waiting and hoping for the team to start losing so you can say "told ya".

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He just said the PK is 4th in the league. So a top top PP and PK + arguably the leagues best goalie and defender in the league is often enough to make a team atleast "good".

It's like you're just waiting and hoping for the team to start losing so you can say "told ya".

Stop being ridiculous. Wanting the team to win and understanding that they have massive holes are two completely different things. 

Go look up Igor's PK SV% on the PK and you'll see why they're a top PK team. 

If you can't debate like and adult and leave the last line out then just toss me on ignore. 

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Stop being ridiculous. Wanting the team to win and understanding that they have massive holes are two completely different things. 

Go look up Igor's PK SV% on the PK and you'll see why they're a top PK team. 

If you can't debate like and adult and leave the last line out then just toss me on ignore. 

"Team is good because player on the team is good".

And Igor has barely played 50% of the games this season (21 of 37) so it's obviously not all to his credit.

11 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

"Team is good because player on the team is good".

And Igor has barely played 50% of the games this season (21 of 37) so it's obviously not all to his credit.

Last time I checked it took more than a good player to win, or Edmonton would have many more cups.

The Rangers win when they get exceptional goaltending. Meaning if Igor or Geo are just replacement level on a given night, the team has no chance to win. If they don't score on the PP, they will likely only score 1 or 2 at 5v5. What do you think happens in the playoffs when the whistles get put away?

Regardless, the fact that Drury is looking for a RW and defense just solidifies my point. Everyone can see this, regardless of the record. Tampa was the best team in the NHL wire to wire and got swept in R1, so the record is a nice to have but it doesn't mean there isn't work to do.