• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Rangers Become NHL's First $2 Billion Team

siddious

Last December, with the pandemic shortening the regular season to 56 games and keeping most arenas empty, Forbes released its annual NHL team valuations, pegging the league average at $653 million. That represented a 2% dip from the year before—no huge surprise seeing as, by our count, the league’s teams were about to lose an average of $39 million each during the 2020-21 season (in the sense of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, before taking into account their share of the Seattle Kraken’s expansion fee).

But in the time since, even as the pandemic has lingered, hockey has heated up. In our new set of valuations, the average is up to $865 million, an increase of 32% from last year and the biggest jump since the 50% gain of 2013, when the league signed its massive Canadian television deal. At the top of the ranking, the New York Rangers have climbed 21% since last year, becoming the first NHL team worth $2 billion while claiming the No. 1 spot for the seventh year in a row.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2021/12/08/nhl-team-values-2021-22-new-york-rangers-become-hockeys-first-2-billion-team/?sh=60a8201b360c

goodtobeking-theking.gif

• Phil changed the title to New York Rangers Become NHL's First $2 Billion Team
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes! I can always rely on Phil for proper grammar corrections! The 'h' and 'l' all being lower case was really bothering me. Thank you!

It's a bug in a plug-in I've installed that automatically corrects thread titles to prevent "shouting" — people posting in all caps, etc. Every now and then it'll fail to recognize acronyms I've told it to and it does dumb shit like that.

31 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's a bug in a plug-in I've installed that automatically corrects thread titles to prevent "shouting" — people posting in all caps, etc. Every now and then it'll fail to recognize acronyms I've told it to and it does dumb shit like that.

Honestly didnt even notice what it did but...

How Dare You Greta GIF