• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Devils Third Jersey Leaks?

Phil

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

These are well done. They feel very Jersey shore sub shop boardwalk etc.

The piping on the shoulder part is a little much, it's pretty good on the arms.

I think people who are from this area will like this, and that's really all that matters.

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Why?  Because no one agrees with you that it is nice except for some stripes?  This thing is awful.

I think it's probably clear at this point that I don't give 2 shits who agrees with me or not LOL.

It's just that neither you, nor I, nor Twitter, are the arbiters of what's "good" or "bad" design.

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think it's probably clear at this point that I don't give 2 shits who agrees with me or not LOL.

It's just that neither you, nor I, nor Twitter, are the arbiters of what's "good" or "bad" design.

You're the only one pining for us to say "I like/dislike" instead of "good/bad" on a thread on a Rangers message board in which you were the sole person to say anything positive about it.  It sounds like sour grapes to me.  🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You're the only one pining for us to say "I like/dislike" instead of "good/bad" on a thread on a Rangers message board in which you were the sole person to say anything positive about it.  It sounds like sour grapes to me.  🤷‍♂️

A bunch of people who I normally don't agree with anyway don't agree with me on this and it's sour grapes?

Or maybe the other way to look at it is when we say things are good or bad, the conversation gets shut down and the thread dies...Instead of when people say "This is what I like or don't like about this..." 

Like "This is an abomination"...OK cool. Thanks for stopping by.

However, I don't really care enough about this to keep going. Carry on.

Edited by Pete

It looks like a generic hockey jersey you'd buy from a discount big chain store in New Jersey, or for your local kids league. I mean that literally:

https://www.fansidea.com/products/build-light-blue-black-hockey-pink-jersey-black0544-online?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZCCUwEo68Q4WJB4b48yYBRoOaxooiO0WsBUm1v_E5Z-xiYDWqioD7caAkZQEALw_wcB

Moreover, the piping is mismatched, disproportionately weighted, and there's near-zero level of creativity put into it, which is the entire point of thirds -- to give fans a unique alternative to the primary.

That's why I don't like it. Abomination is just a faster way of saying it.

I also absolutely hated the "SENS" and "BOLTS" jerseys for the same reasons.

Indistinguishable from a no frills brand in every way.

49 minutes ago, siddious said:

Not a huge fan of this either but a literal copy would have been better ^

Right. The generic brush script font makes this look like a little league template. At least this has a real historical base. Even adding red into the piping here could go a long way.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

which is the entire point of thirds -- to give fans a unique alternative to the primary.

OK so how do we connect people saying "All they needed to do was make the red jersey black" to the above? Isn't this a unique alternative the primary?

Also need to see the rest of the uni. Red helmets, gloves, and pants would be a nice addition.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

OK so how do we connect people saying "All they needed to do was make the red jersey black" to the above? Isn't this a unique alternative the primary?

Also need to see the rest of the uni. Red helmets, gloves, and pants would be a nice addition.

None of that is going to make a brush script logo any less generic/template.