• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#11) Rangers at Edmonton Oilers — No Laffing Matter

Phil

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't know how you blame Trouba the most here. First its weak by Rooney and Hunt allowing him to get to the middle of the ice and after that you see McDavid goes to his right (towards Nemeth) and humiliates him. If anyone needs to take the body there its Nemeth.

Trouba was never the closest guy to him.

I'll take this as you didn't read the post.

Why isn't Trouba near him? Because he opened up the wrong way on his transition and gave away the middle of the ice.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I'll take this as you didn't read the post.

Why isn't Trouba near him? Because he opened up the wrong way on his transition and gave away the middle of the ice.

Do you see where McDavid is coming from? The entire opposite side of the ice for the RD.

LW, C and LD should all be closer to McD than Trouba there, and they are. 3 other Rangers players are closer to McDavid but you expect Trouba to take him out? Sounds like someone hating Trouba trying to put the blame on him when 4 people fucked up.

Here we go once again, gang!!!

........And here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Finlandia Swiss Cheese (my god, that goaltending last night!!!)

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Over under on how many goals Georgiev let’s in before his first save. Then again, Georgie is money when he has 21 days rest in between starts

13 hours ago, Pete said:

"McDavid is the most exciting player in the game" accompanied by a package of him scoring the most boring goals in the game 

11 hours ago, Dunny said:

lol go to the bullpen. Bring in the actual goalie. 

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If you’re a fan of goaltenders making big saves, you might as well pour bleach in your eyes after this one. Fucking disgusting efforts by both of these clowns tonight.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The McDavid goal is going to be played in highlight packages for the rest of all our lives. And I will have the same thought I had when it happened; will one of you pathetic mooks hit him? 

MOOKS!!!  LOL  Loved that one @Bugg!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to: @RichieNextel305 who pretty much summed up the performances by both net-minders last night!!

angry rooster teeth GIF by AT&T Hello Lab

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Do you see where McDavid is coming from? The entire opposite side of the ice for the RD.

LW, C and LD should all be closer to McD than Trouba there, and they are. 3 other Rangers players are closer to McDavid but you expect Trouba to take him out? Sounds like someone hating Trouba trying to put the blame on him when 4 people fucked up.

Yea, conversations like this aren't worth having with you.

Critique a player becomes "You just hate him" or "He fucked your wife!"

I'm not wasting more time on your nonsense. 

Edited by Pete

41 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Rangers are in dire need of a winger. Hunt was supposed to be an extra forward this season, which would have been a good role for him. Instead you've got Rooney on the 3rd line wing and Goodrow on the 1st. 

I think it's fair to say the lineup does not look like it was supposed to.

When the GM does nothing but add 4th liner types over the off season and alienates the best offensive prospect (that they haven't ruined yet), I disagree with the notion that the lineup doesn't look like it was supposed to.

It's pretty much what I figured we would see, except I thought it would take longer for them to try to justify the Goodrow contract by inserting him into a top 6 role.

Harder to play against. LOL. Harder to watch. 

IMO, they are wasting a lot of roster spots with players they aren't going to use. I'm a Hajek supporter, but enough already.  If you're not going to rotate the guy in there, just waive him/send him down. Gauthier is sitting for garbage like Hunt and Mckegg. Dump him. Use those spots for pieces that aren't like the other garbage they have. Bring in a one dimensional offensive player. A Pirri type. Someone you can stash on the 4th line, barely play, but will shoot the fuck out of puck on the PP. Something different than the talentless shit they are bleeding up the lineup.  

The only lesser talented guy on this team I like a lot is Rooney.  He proved in this game that if you had to, he CAN slot up. Definitely not a long term solution for the spot he played in,  but he didn't look awful. 

I am waiting for the Goodrow magic, as I'm really underwhelmed with everything about him. Hunt really needs a seat or a bus ride to Hartford. Reaves was pretty bleh when healthy. Mckegg has been better this time around, but is more of the same. Oddly I see more out of Gauthier than every living soul alive lol.  

They really could use Kravstov right fucking now... or 2 weeks ago. 

Goodrow is fine, he just has no business being on the top line. I think Blais has more business being up there than Goodrow. He at least has more skill and better hands.

It's like we signed Goodrow to be a depth player and now we are forcing a square peg in a round hole by having him on the top line while we play our #1 pick on the 4th line.

Instead We trade Buch ,a top six player and now we mess up with Kravy(even if he's being a bitch) and have a glaring hole in top 6 cause Kakko still is lost as fuck offensively as well.

• Phil unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Well, at least Chytil played a good game- goal and nice assist. Kreider and Zibby scoring. The Trouba/Miller pairing needs to stop. Unfortunately the only way to make that happen is splitting Fox/Lindgren or call up Zac Jones.

I mean it hasn’t been tried yet. I have no qualms about either fox or lindgren playing well with other partners. But who do you put on the first pair with fox? None of the other 4 deserve that time/can play first pair matching s

I really want to love Trouba..  seems like a great dude in the room, has all the on paper attributes.. I think he wants to be a Ranger. 

Bur my god, what an empty uniform he is on the ice. If there was ever a guy who fit the “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” adage, it’s Jacob Trouba. 

2 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I really want to love Trouba..  seems like a great dude in the room, has all the on paper attributes.. I think he wants to be a Ranger. 
Bur my god, what an empty uniform he is on the ice. If there was ever a guy who fit the “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” adage, it’s Jacob Trouba. 

Do you remember Brian Boyle? lol