• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Win Now

The edict has come down from the Owner - Win Now.

JD and Gorton were fired, in part, because they did not fully agree with this edict.  They were more in the camp of let's keep this thing moving along slowly, protect our assets, add pieces as we go....if we win, that's great, but it's not the Top consideration.

The message was clear when they were fired.

In comes Drury and Gallant, with a clear message.

Let's hope our owner is right, we make the playoffs, and make a deep run, challenging for the Cup this year.  I honestly truly hope he's right, and this is the best move for the franchise.  I hope this debacle involving Krav today is a small asterik on our way to much bigger and better things.

Go Rangers.

1 hour ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

JD and Gorton were fired, in part, because they did not fully agree with this edict.  They were more in the camp of let's keep this thing moving along slowly, protect our assets, add pieces as we go....if we win, that's great, but it's not the Top consideration.

I'm not sure I even really agree with this. I think it has way more to do with the owner having a tantrum when the team got pushed around, and then discourse over that stupid letter about DoPS.

I think expecting them to make a deep run is setting yourself up for disappointment. I certainly don't think it's out of the cards, but this is the first full NHL season for a large portion of the roster. 

Make the playoffs, make a little noise, learn from failure, and run it back. 

Even making the playoffs will be a tall task. The Metro is muderers row. It's a total toss up because there are a bunch of quality teams. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure I even really agree with this. I think it has way more to do with the owner having a tantrum when the team got pushed around, and then discourse over that stupid letter about DoPS.

Probably a little of both, but honestly, we'll never really know.  

Put into this light, however, makes a lot more sense out of this Krav debacle. 

They are putting more value in squeezing every single win out of this season than they are worrying about taking care of a valued top prospect. 

It's so typical Rangers...schizophrenic at their core. 

1 minute ago, Morphinity said:

I think expecting them to make a deep run is setting yourself up for disappointment. I certainly don't think it's out of the cards, but this is the first full NHL season for a large portion of the roster. 

Yup. This is basically year one. Let's see what they can do. Tinker as needed.

1 minute ago, Morphinity said:

I agree.  I would not have done it this way.  I would have stayed the course with Gorton and JD...although I was not a fan of Quinn, would have been fine with him getting the ax.

However, I think the point here is that the Owner got tired of being patient, and he made it clear that the rebuild was over and it was time to....Win Now. 

Given what we know, that puts an entirely realistic spin on this whole Krav debacle.    

I really wanna see this team make the playoffs and possibly win a round this season.  That would be a pretty successful year in my book.  I think a team has to develop a little "scar tissue" first before seeing the promised land.   But we're headed in the right direction starting now.

Us fans have plenty of scar tissue if the team needs some - LOL

Agree that the rebuild patience is over for Dolan and likely a year before JD would have liked - that said, I think we're of firm enough footing to take this approach now. Krav? If he's that fragile and cannot take what really amounts to a conditioning assignment, then, "See ya! We'll be ok without you."

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

The edict has come down from the Owner - Win Now.

In comes Drury and Gallant, with a clear message.

Let's hope our owner is right, we make the playoffs, and make a deep run, challenging for the Cup this year.  I honestly truly hope he's right, and this is the best move for the franchise.  I hope this debacle involving Krav today is a small asterik on our way to much bigger and better things.

Go Rangers.

This total speculation. We know zilch.